Role and Responsibilities
Group Fitness Instructors are expected to teach safe and effective classes for our members and are to purpose and maintain educational standards commensurate with Active Wellness quality.
- Deliver safe group fitness classes to the members
- Say Hi, acknowledge and encourage members, show your enthusiasm and friendliness. SMILE!
- Assist members in using safe and effective form during his/her workout
- Work together as a TEAM
- Support, teach and encourage members to meet his/her fitness goals
- Attend department meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current
- Help keep the club(s) well stocked and CLEAN!
- Keep all equipment in good working conditions
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly fitness environment, picking up towels, water bottles, etc.
- Have fun!
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- AA degree
- 2 years Group Exercise experience preferred. Teaching Zumba or Zumba experience highly preferred.
- Current nationally recognized Group Fitness Certification or specialty class certificate, specialty class license (i.e. Zumba®, etc.).
- Customer service oriented and ability to teach
- Proof of citizenship or legal status
Physical and Working Conditions:
- Ability to stand for several hours in a same shift, physical agility, ability to lift 25lbs
- Fitness club environment
- Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards
This position is currently accepting applications.