Youth Programs / Aquatics Manager - HIAC - Tampa, FL
Tampa, FL 33602
Harbour Island Athletic ClubA Wellbridge Company Tampa, FLFull-timeWe are looking for an energetic Youth Programs & Aquatics Manager to oversee multiple children's programs in various departments. If you enjoy a dynamic and creative position that works closely with youth, please apply! Who we are:Harbour Island Athletic Club is Tampa’s premier fitness, aquatics and tennis club with top-of -line amenities and cutting edge programs. Our club has been recognized as one of the top ten Athletic Clubs in the country and supports the lifestyles of busy professionals, families, health enthusiasts and those who simply strive to be more active.What our Youth Programs /Aquatics Managers are all about: On the Youth Programs side, this professional will create, implement, market, and supervise children’s programs including our after school camp program, kid’s skills classes, sports camps, and nursery activities. On the Aquatics side, this professional will oversee the hiring of lifeguard staff, make sure all pool chemicals meet safety standards, and oversee our swim lessons programs. This individual also has the option to teach swim lessons and earn additional income. A typical day would look something like . . . Touching base with your nursery staff first thing in the morning, heading to the pools to check the chemical log, pool deck and teach swim lessons. In the afternoon from 2-6p, you work with the afterschool camp program.These managers enjoy leadership and take full responsibility for managing Children’s Program staff, working within and keeping track of budgetary guidelines, and ensuring quality customer service. It is essential that this person enjoys working with children and is confident in their ability to create a safe and friendly learning environment.What you’re all about:
Why we’re a great company to join!
- You are an enthusiastic and creative individual that thrives in the Youth Programs space and enjoys creating and promoting new programs.
- You are an efficient multi-tasker who enjoys the high demands of a leadership role.
- You have a minimum of 1 year of leadership experience in children’s programming department.
- You have some experience in aquatics and a CPO license is preferred.
- You are certified in CPR or are willing to complete this certification within 30 days of hire.
- You place a high value on customer service and have related experience.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance- 401k with company matching- Short Term & Long Term Disability- Life, AD&D and Voluntary Insurance- Paid time off and holidays
- You’ll enjoy a complementary membership!
- We care about our employees and provide a competitive benefits package that includes:
- We're located in the beautiful area of Lone Tree.
- We provide the opportunity to strategize, learn, lead and grow!
Wellbridge owns and operates 7 unique brands of full-service, premiere athletic and tennis clubs in the country. Established more than 30 years ago with one location in CO, we have grown to 19 locations spanning 7 states. We proudly employ more than 3,000 team members and serve a growing membership community of more than 37,000 members. We offer dynamic opportunities for our employees to develop their careers in a collaborative and empowering environment. Our culture encourages managers to be coaches, celebrates results through teamwork, and promotes innovative behaviors that contribute to a strong and dynamic environment. This allows us to live our mission of delivering the best for and through our employees, our members, and our community.