Youth Program Director
WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, is seeking a Youth Program Director in Ashburn, VA. The Youth Program Director will oversee and run the After School Program and Summer Camp which are a Licensed Day Center in the State of Virginia. They will work with the Youth Activities Coordinator in the implementation of youth programs. The Youth Program Director will be responsible for keeping staff and student records up to licensing standards as well as managing the budget for the program and staff payroll. Should possess a willingness to try new tasks, generates new ideas for change, evaluates and recognizes priorities, keeps current and integrates new information, communicate and acts as a role model and mentor for counselors and nursery staff.
- Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
- Oversees a Licensed Day Center in the state of Virginia
- Produces schedules for employees.
- Completes monthly board report.
- Prepares and edits marketing material for the after school program, summer camp and nursery.
- Tracks the budget numbers and expectations.
- Creates weekly schedules for students and parents.
- Authors a monthly newsletter for the after school program.
- Orders supplies for the program.
- Responsible for the safety and well being of all attendees to the after school program, summer camp and nursery.
- Orders supplies for the programs.
- Implements activity programs as planned and assigned to meet the functional levels, needs and interests of each participant.
- Maintains good rapport with family and participants.
- Communicates with participants, participant's families, and staff.
- Drives the facilities bus as needed.
- Attends in-service and continuing education programs in order to maintain employment in a State of Virginia Licensed Child Day Center.
- Work special events that the facility holds.
- Hold regular staff meeting and trainings.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Self motivated.
- Organized and goal oriented.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Ability to oversee and manage.
- Demonstrates active listening techniques, gains support through effective relationships, treats others with dignity and respect and seeks feedback.
- Adheres to the Virginia License Requirements for Child Day Centers.
- Maintains a clean driving record in order to be on the insurance for driving the bus.
- CPR and first aid certified.
- Hold MAT and DHO certifications.
- Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in a child-related field such as, but not limited to, elementary education, nursing, or recreation from a college or university and one year or more of programmatic experience preferred.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: The Youth Program Director oversees the Youth Program Director, Nursery staff, After School and Summer Camp Counselors.
- Normal work hours are when the program is running varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- This position required the ability to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, talk and hear.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is required outside in varied weather, including heat, cold, rain and wind.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.