Support youth learning!
The YMCA Neighborhood Centers program is hiring enthusiastic, individuals that are looking for an opportunity to tutor and assist the community!
Do you like to play games, tutor students or lead activities? Do you want to make a difference in your community? The YMCA Neighborhood Centers program offers career development, a great mission to get behind, and is a FUN environment.
The YMCA youth development staff is more than a job. We provide holistic support for kids and families. At the YMCA Neighborhood Centers program we have a passion for having a positive impact on children.
As a youth development staff, you can support, tutor and play with students. You will have fun teaching kids a love of reading, leading art activities, leading a gym activity, bringing out the scientist in a child doing a STEM experiment, teaching being a good sport through playing board games or teaching social skills by forming a club.
Our goal at the Neighborhood Centers is to provide kids with a safe, quiet space in their community to thrive. If you want to make a positive impact on children the youth development tutor role is the adventure for you.
The youth development staff role is a great job for students, para professionals, someone who has retired or someone in the community who wants to make a difference in the lives of youth!
Apply today for the YMCA Neighborhood Centers youth development staff position and ask us about your next adventure and join our club of passionate Community Leaders!
YMCA of the North membership
YMCA Program Discounts
1. Job Summary:
The Youth Development Staff is responsible for assisting with the designated programs to ensure that the program criteria and objectives are carried out. The incumbent is responsible for implementing curriculum, as assigned. The youth development staff provides a safe, enjoyable experience to all program participants.
2. Essential Functions:
- Working, as part of a team, to perform program activities as directed by the supervisor.
- Assist with daily curriculum.
- Communicate courteously with members and participants.
- Supervise and engage youth in activities.
- Maintain a safe environment.
- Assist in special programs and activities as required by supervisor.
This position reports to the Youth Development Coordinator or Program Director. The incumbent interacts regularly with staff, members, and the community. This position requires regular interaction with youth, families, members, and staff from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, organized, and creative
- Ability and interest in working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong communication and mediation skills
5. Work Conditions:
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including being mobile, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/dangerous situations.
- May be exposed to verbal outbursts, physical actions or bodily fluids as part of the environment.
- Work environments range from quiet work areas to busy, noisy indoor and outdoor spaces with several groups talking amongst themselves concurrently.
- Must be able to actively participate in youth games/activities.
6. Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from branch representatives in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the branch or Association success.