Yoga Instructor help to guide students in yoga through a variety of postures, or asanas, and breathing exercises referred to as pranayama. Instructors provide hands-on direction to make sure students are performing movements properly and applying the breathing techniques. Yoga Instructor may work in a class or in a one-on-one setting. Group Fitness Instructors are expected to teach safe and effective classes for our members and are required to purpose and maintain educational standards commensurate with Active Wellness quality.
- Deliver safe group fitness classes to the members.
- Say 'Hi', acknowledge and encourage members, show your enthusiasm and friendliness SMILE!
- Assist members in using safe and effective exercise form during their Workouts
- Work together as a TEAM
- Support, teach, and encourage members to meet their fitness goals
- Attend department meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current
- Help keep the clubs well-stocked and really CLEAN!
- Keep all equipment in good working condition
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly fitness environment, picking up towels, water bottles, etc.
- Have Fun!
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Requires a pleasant personality and good communication skills, as instructors have to spend a good deal with other people and convey instructions clearly. Likewise, they heed a talent for motivating others and showing their own passion for physical fitness.
- Two (2) years Group Exercise experience preferred
- Customer service oriented ability to teach Yoga
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
- CPR/ AED Certification
- National Group Fitness Certification or Collegiate Degree in exercise-related science
- Yoga Certification and Training required
- Fitness club environment.
$15 Base + Training Rate
This position is currently accepting applications.