Yoga instructors help to guide students in yoga through a variety of postures, or asanas, and breathing exercises referred to as pranayama. Instructors provide hands-on direction to make sure students are performing movements properly and applying the breathing techniques. Yoga instructors may work in a class or in a one-on-one setting. Group Fitness Instructors are expected to teach safe and effective classes for our members and are required to purpose and maintain educational standards commensurate with Active Wellness quality.
- Deliver safe group fitness classes to the members.
- Say 'Hi', acknowledge and encourage members, show your enthusiasm and friendliness SMILE!
- Assist members in using safe and effective exercise form during their Workouts
- Work together as a TEAM
- Support, teach, and encourage members to meet their fitness goals
- Attend department meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current
- Help keep the clubs well-stocked and really CLEAN!
- Keep all equipment in good working condition
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly fitness environment, picking up towels, water bottles, etc.
- Say 'Thank You,' 'Good-bye,' 'Hope you had a good workout,' or some other farewell
- Have Fun!
Minimum Job Requirements:
Requires a pleasant personality and good communication skills, as instructors have to spend a good deal with other people and convey instructions clearly. Likewise, they heed a talent for motivating others and showing their own passion for physical fitness.
2 years Group Exercise experience preferred
Customer service oriented ability to teach Pilates.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
CPR/ AED Certification, National Group Fitness Certification or Collegiate Degree in exercise-related science, Specialty Certifications
Supervisory Responsibility, if any:
Fitness club environment.
Ability to lift 25 lbs.
This position is currently accepting applications.