Yoga Instructor -Fire Flex Yoga
Menlo Park, CA
Menlo Park, CA
WHAT IS FIRE FLEX YOGA (watch video)
FireFlex Yoga is a functional-movement based yoga program designed for firefighters to relieve stress, decrease injuries and enhance performance. In partnership with Active Wellness, a leading management company specializing in fitness and wellness services, FireFlex Yoga is currently implemented at nine departments across the Bay Area and is being adapted for other first responding agencies nationwide, as well as for corporations as a result of the growing importance on mindfulness and employee wellness. Be part of this yoga movement, helping first responders lead healthier, happier, high performing lives. This training is open to all yoga instructors and those interested in learning how a functional-movement based yoga practice can support firefighters, police, paramedics, and veterans.
Yoga instructors help to guide students in yoga through a variety of postures, or asanas, and breathing exercises referred to as pranayama. Instructors provide hands-on direction to make sure students are performing movements properly and applying the breathing techniques. Yoga instructors may work in a class or in a one-on-one setting. Group Fitness Instructors are expected to teach safe and effective classes for our members and are required to purpose and maintain educational standards commensurate with Active Wellness quality.
- Deliver safe group fitness classes to the members.
- Say "Hi", acknowledge and encourage members, show your enthusiasm and friendliness... SMILE!
- Assist members in using safe and effective exercise form during their Workouts
- Work together as a TEAM
- Support, teach, and encourage members to meet their fitness goals
- Attend department meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current
- Keep all equipment in good working condition
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly fitness environment, picking up towels, water bottles, etc.
- Say "Thank You," "Good-bye," "Hope you had a good workout," or some other farewell
- Have Fun!
Minimum Job Requirements:
Requires a pleasant personality and good communication skills, as instructors have to spend a good deal with other people and convey instructions clearly. Likewise, they heed a talent for motivating others and showing their own passion for physical fitness.
- 2 years Group Exercise experience preferred
- Customer service oriented ability to teach Yoga
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
- CPR/ AED Certification
- National Group Fitness Certification or Collegiate Degree in exercise-related science
- Specialty Certifications (Yoga)
- Fitness club environment.
This position is currently accepting applications.