YMCA Anthony Bowen branch serves the historic U Street Corridor and Shaw Community in the areas of aquatic programming, child care programming, fitness and wellness programing and a host of other programs for families and individuals. This revitalized branch is a brand new $5M facility that showcases state of the art programs, services, equipment and amenities. In addition to traditional services, this Y features many opportunities for families and individuals to grow, have fun and participate in innovative services such as a demonstration kitchen to explore nutrition and healthy eating, a first generation preschool youth academy and one of few aerial yoga and rooftop yoga sessions.
Nature and scope of the job:
The Member Experience Leader (MEL) is the direct supervisor of all welcome desk staff and responsible for welcome desk operations.
Our ideal candidate will lead the team to deliver the Y mission and service to staff, members, and guests. We are searching for an individual who will uphold our high standards of service and accountability.
Key job functions and responsibilities:
The Member Experience Leader:
· Ensures that guests are properly greeted, provided guest registration materials and introduced to the appropriate Member Service team member
· Leads the Member Service Representatives in handling all front desk operations, transactions, data-entry and record keeping needs in a customer-service based fashion that supports YMCA policies
· Creates a supportive, friendly, and efficient team and environment
· Maintains an effective front desk staff schedule
· Works a regular weekly front desk shift and demonstrates excellence in performing all the tasks, functions and responsibilities of a Member Service Representative.
· Ensures that the branch has the necessary staff to support the welcome desk; hires, trains, and retains Member Service Representatives
· Takes a proactive role in solving member problems and directing them to the appropriate resources
· Supports Membership Campaigns, Initiatives, Training Sessions, and additional activities as required
· Supports the Manager on Duty schedule as requested
We offer a competitive compensation package of $35,000 to $40,000 plus progressive employee benefits, including a 12% employer-funded retirement plan; 403(b) savings plan; high quality and affordable healthcare plans; free YMCA membership for employee and family; a generous paid time off package; numerous professional development opportunities; an exciting and collaborative work environment; and the ability to work with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
With an operating budget of $50 million, the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington operates 17 facilities in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and northern Virginia, employs over 1,500 employees and impacts the lives of more than 200,000 youth and adults each year. A leader in innovation, the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington has made an impact in advancing health and education initiatives and strengthening the communities we serve. Come join one of the largest Associations in the country, where the expectations are high and where you can make a real difference in driving results. If your next career move includes leaving a legacy, then consider your future with our Y!
How to Apply:
To apply submit your resume to: email@example.com Type “MEL” in the email subject line. Resumes accepted until position is filled. For other YMCA career opportunities visit our website www.ymcadc.org
The YMCA of Metropolitan Washington is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.