World Bank Group Fitness Center Manager
Washington, DC, DC
The World Bank Group
1818 H St NW
Washington, DC, DC 20433
Established in 1944, the World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data. Innovation and partnership bond the five institutions of the World Bank Group (WBG): The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA), which together form the World Bank; the International Finance Corporation (IFC); the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA); and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank Group is one of the world's largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries.
The WBG Fitness Center has three locations within the HQ campus; two full service facilities and one satellite location. With over 37,000 square feet of space and over 3,000 members, it is one of the largest corporate fitness centers in the US. In addition to traditional fitness center offerings, over 60 group exercise classes are offered weekly, in our unique program with majority of classes taught by certified volunteer instructors that supplement our fitness center staff. Membership is offered to all current WBG staff, as well as short term consultants, retirees and spouses.
We are currently recruiting a Fitness Center Coordinator to join our team. The Coordinator position will provide daily leadership of the fitness center including staff training and supervision, membership management, equipment purchase recommendations, inventory and maintenance, emergency action plans, budget monitoring and planning, analytics on fitness center operations, marketing and outreach, program development.
The ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills, coupled with experience in Fitness Center operations, including a solid understanding of corporate fitness and health and wellness programs.
Duties and Accountabilities:
1. Staff supervision including recruitment of staff and volunteers, training programs and scheduling.
2. Administration of fitness center including membership and revenue statistics.
3. Designing and promoting activities to meet member demand and generate revenue.
4. Maintain high level of members relations and develop plan for regular outreach.
5. Health and safety checks on the equipment and facility.
6. In collaboration with HSD, integration into wellness initiatives including to assess, plan and implement fitness center programming.
7. Prepare and teach fitness center classes.
8. Develop and execute a system of maintenance as well as develop plan for equipment purchases and replacements.
9. Partner with Facilities on all facility maintenance and issues.
10. Ensure membership management software is accurate for data and statistical analysis as well as used for membership communications and marketing.
11. Monitor feedback to ensure all are responding to customer feedback within 24 hours.
1. Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Fitness Center Operations
2. Knowledge and experience in fitness center programming and administration.
3. Strong leadership skills, able to lead team of staff, consultants and volunteer instructors.
4. Strong membership management including communications, recruitment and retention.
5. Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively and sensitively with members and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
6. Strong customer service skills, ability to manage member concerns diplomatically.
7. Solid understanding of fitness center membership software.
8. Solid analytic skills to report on membership and fitness center utilization, revenues, etc.
9. Strong command of English, including good verbal and written skills.
10. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
1. Lead and innovate - Inspires and influences others to drive innovation.
Deliver Results for Clients - Acts as a trusted, strategic advisor, partnering with clients to deliver results.
2. Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries - Leads collaboration across WBG and with partners drawing on robust professional networks.
3. Create, Apply and Share Knowledge - Establishes an environment where knowledge is created, applied and shared.
4. Make Smart Decisions - Makes timely decisions that have a broad impact.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in race, gender, nationality, culture, and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Women and SSA/CR candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.