The YMCA of Metropolitan Washington is celebrating over 160 years of charitable service to the Washington Metropolitan area. The Y has a strong commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. Anchored in more than 10,000 neighborhoods around the country, the Y has the long-standing relationships and physical presence not just to promise, but to deliver, lasting personal and social change. The Y is a cause driven organization that offers tremendous opportunities to make a difference. We invite you to join us in this amazing work to develop your skills, to realize your leadership potential and discover a career that is so much more than a job.
About the Job
Located at YMCA Alexandria (420 E. Monroe Ave. Alexandria, VA) the Wellness Coach position provides information on various fitness programs, offers advice, and assists members with getting acclimated to their personal wellness program to support healthy living goals.
Some of the exciting things you will do as a Wellness Coach include but are not limited to:
· Demonstrates the proper utilization of every piece of fitness equipment, as well as provides each member with an applicable and basic workout program for all machines
· Identifies potentially dangerous situations and responds proactively whenever possible
· Obtains and maintains all certifications to perform their job to the standards and ideals of the YMCA
· Creates connections to members and encourages members to connect to other members and staff
· Provides members with information regarding: YMCA Mission Program Guide, Group Exercise Schedule, Branch Services, For a better us
· Effectively explains to members, the benefits of working out along with orientating and motivating members to take part in additional wellness services: Equipment Orientation Process, Fitlinxx or Fitness Advisor Process, Fitness Evaluation Process, Personal Training, Group Exercise classes, Wellness socials
· Follows all YMCA policies and procedures, and display interest and enthusiasm
· Other duties as required