*Benefits Eligible Upon Hire*
Responsible for performing health/fitness assessments and developing exercise programs for all our members, individualized progressive programs for personal training clients and developing and leading small group training programs. Our training team is dedicated to ensure all programs are conducted in a safe, effective and appropriate manner based upon a physiological and structural assessment, medical history and individual goals for each client.
- Four year degree in exercise physiology, kinesiology, athletic training or related field.
- Personal training certificate from one of the following nationally accepted institutions: American Council on Exercise (ACE), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) preferred.
- One or more years experience with one on one training, small group training and health/fitness education preferred.
- CPR/AED certified.
- Daily tracking of key performance indicators to develop action plan for business growth and revenue goals achievement.
- Marketing of all training programs and successfully transitioning consultations/assessments into program participants/clients.
- Must communicate clearly in one on one setting as well as group presentations.
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, cardiovascular training, nutrition and fitness program design.
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques, and potential injuries.
- Ability to build relationships with members, clients and staff.
- Successful candidates will be dependable, and have a strong work ethic, as well as possess excellent verbal, promotional and customer service skills. Qualified applicants will possess a high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Have good understanding of the sales and marketing tactics allowing members to find value in training services producing outstanding member outcomes and individual and department revenue growth and sustainability.
- Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work about 10 and percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time. Job definitely requires above average strength and/or stamina to regularly lift weights up to 100 pounds and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment and other objects. Work may be performed in positions requiring considerable expenditure of effort in reaching, climbing, maintaining balance, or manipulating heavy objects.