VP, Human Resources
WTS International, the world's leading spa and fitness/wellness consulting and management firm is seeking a Vice President, Human Resources to oversee our HR department nationwide. This is a senior level position for our growing company, to direct our HR department and oversee more than 2,500 employees. This role will entail a heavy emphasis on compliance management along with the development and implementation of strategic long term initiatives.
The VP, Human Resources is responsible for planning and directing the Human Resources Department activities, policies, objectives and initiatives according to the mission of the organization and operational needs of the company. He/she will ensure the division meets and maintains a high level of service provided to both clients and staff, and both oversee and develop policy related to company-wide compliance initiatives. The VP, HR will direct a team of HR professionals who interface directly with our staff and with clients, to meet the current and future operational needs of the company.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Oversee HR Department to guide HR professionals in their role to support WTS corporate and field staff on all matters associated with hiring, discipline, terminations, benefits, performance improvement, and performance reviews. Manage, mentor, train and develop skills of the HR Team.
- Act as a consultative and strategic business partner, directs and participates in all human resources area of responsibility, including, but not limited to performance management, talent development, employee relations, recruitment, training, communications, pay and reward practices, etc., ensuring a positive morale. Leads the organization in the definition of policies and practices that affect employee work and work relationships.
- Develop, recommend, and implement human resources policies and procedures; prepare, maintain, and interpret employee handbook on policies and procedures.
- Administer a wide variety or personnel policies, processes and employment agreements (e.g recruitment, selection, hiring, orientation, compensation schedule, etc.) for the purpose of confirming to company policies, relevant laws, contracts and agreements.
- Collaborate with the recruiting function to ensure compliance with legislated requirements, such as EEO.
- Work with General Councel and Compliance Committe to ensure HR compliance
- Oversee HR compliance with federal, state, and local law as well as with WTS policies and practices. Ensure the quick and thorough processing of all required HR paperwork.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an expansive and robust Compliance program that will ensure adherence to the highest WTS standards and all applicable regulations. Author country-wide best practices relating to employee onboarding, licensing, safety, and other topics as they emerge.
- Provide counsel and guidance on employee relations issues and interpretation of company policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure consistency. Is an advocate for the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Oversee HR audits of: I-9, EEO-1, FLSA, meal breaks, licenses and certifications, full and part time hours, and personnel files.
- Oversee FMLA, ADA, bereavement, unemployment claims and unemployment appeals. Assist with return to work duties for Worker's Compensation claims.
- Work with the Benefits Specialist on providing the best affordable insurance benefit option for employees.
- Direct the monthly/quarterly/annual employee recognition and awards programs.
- Assist with representing the Company on legal matters related to employee claims, when required. May be required to represent the Company during legal depositions and/or appear in court, as required. Consults with General Counsel on all matters requiring legal action.
Oversee updates on the job descriptions, compensation plans and bonuses. Reviews job descriptions for their FLSA status to ensure compliance.
- Oversee the annual performance review process.
- In partnership with division and regional leaders and field management, develop HR and general education programs and training that address development needs throughout the organization.
- Support efforts related to all aspects of the staff management of new accounts. Participate in kick-off meetings when appropriate and work closely with opening team to ensure a smooth transition for new employees.
- Conduct HR staff meetings. Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual corporate meetings representing the HR department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7-10+ years in Human Resources Director position (hospitality or related field preferred)
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM certification preferred
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, business, recreational management, hospitality management or other related discipline.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office, ICIMS, PAYFORCE, E-TIME, ADP platforms, and website administration.
- Develop and maintain automated systems that communicate legal guidelines and internal policies across new hires and site managers
- Understand the requirements associated with employment law across different states to ensure company compliance
- Identify emerging risks, gaps in risk management, and inefficient or outdated company policies. Draft or update company procedures promptly and thoroughly in response
- Collaborate closely with both WTS Corporate Counsel and HR department to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Assess the business's future ventures to identify possible compliance risks, and formulate responsive strategies
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Proven experience in the area of compliance (with state regulators, federal guidelines, and internal policies)
- HR or legal background/experience with BS/BA degree
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Ability to oversee initiatives from inception to execution to auditing
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to evaluate the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Certified compliance professional is a plus
- Infrequent travel on an as-needed basis
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.