Vice President, Fitness
The VP, Corporate Fitness will oversee the day-to-day activities of the Corporate Fitness Division, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively. The VP, Corporate Fitness is responsible for overseeing the effective operating procedures across the LifeStart brand of WTS International to ensure that the business can collaborate effectively and meet goals according to an overarching timeline and budget. The VP, Corporate Fitness will oversee a team of Corporate Operations Directors (COD) with operations experience in corporate office, multi-tenant, owner occupied, and commercial fitness centers. CODs are responsible for the day-to-day operations of multiple facilities and are responsible for the management of daily operations for multiple accounts including fitness centers and recreational amenities to include establishing and meeting operational and financial goals and account retention. The VP, Corporate Fitness will help ensure the success of these facilities and CODs, helping to drive utilization, growth, revenues, engagement, and client relationship to ensure success for these facilities within LifeStart and WTS International.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Participates in the hiring and training of departmental managers (COD, and COA) for fitness, amenity, development, operations, and training and development.
- Organizes and oversees the work and schedules of departmental managers.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Establishing policies that promote company culture and vision
- Overseeing operations of the company and the work of leadership team across fitness, amenity, development, general operations and training and development.
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company's efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are adequate and safe.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in the corporate fitness division to achieve financial objectives.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Improves customer service and client satisfaction through policy and procedural changes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the SVP, Fitness & Engagement in all matters of importance
- Participate in expansion activities (new business, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Proven experience as Executive Leader or relevant role in the corporate fitness industry
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Defining, implementing and revising operational policies and guidelines for the organization
- Developing and executing new growth directives
- Working with the human resources department to create job descriptions, hire competent personnel and oversee employee training programs
- Working with the human resources department to develop and implement staff evaluation parameters
- Liaising with departmental heads to develop financial plans and ensure company-wide operational compliance
- Keeping track of the company's revenue margins and conduct budget reviews to maximize profits
- Collaborating with client support services
- Developing and implementing strategies, procedures and business plans needed to enhance company growth
- Working with the executive team to set company performance goals
- Cultivating and providing opportunities for rising talent within the organization
Objectives of this Role:
- Collaborate with Corporate Operations Directors and LifeStart team to ensure successful operations
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity
- Work with project managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed
- Work closely with human resources to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
Following is a list of pre-requisites needed to ensure successful job performance:
- Bachelor's degree in health fitness, business, or another relevant field
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Solid understanding of staff management, industry specifics and business strategies
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Superior management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in stressful situations
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities
- In-depth knowledge of data analysis software packages
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) packages
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Proven knowledge of performance evaluation metrics in a business setting
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.