Vice President, Finance
WTS International ("WTS" or the "Company") is a leading provider of design, consulting, and outsourced management services to spas, fitness centers, and wellness & lifestyle facilities for hospitality, residential, and corporate clients in the United States and abroad. WTS' customer base includes premier hotels, commercial fitness centers, and lifestyle communities including the Baccarat Hotel, the Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, Brooklyn Sports Club, and Verdure Fitness, among others. In 2020, WTS acquired LifeStart, the nation's largest corporate fitness and amenity management services provider.
WTS' Private Equity Partner
CI Capital Partners LLC ("CI"), is a leading North American private equity firm, which has been investing in middle-market companies since 1993. CI forms partnerships with experienced management teams and entrepreneurs to build substantial businesses through add-on acquisitions, organic growth and operational improvements. As a long-term investor, CI and its portfolio companies have made over 345 acquisitions representing over $10 billion in enterprise value.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Director, the Vice President Finance will partner with the CFO to build a world-class accounting and finance operation capable of scaling to and performing flawlessly as a private equity backed company. Our approach will pursue a real-time reporting and accounting close model built on a strong technology foundation and an emphasis on control and management of transactional data at the point of origination. The Vice President Finance will work with external parties including directors and investors and join CFO on merger & acquisition activities. The Vice President Finance provides leadership to all the Accounting sub-functions and manages the company's legal and operational risk through processes and controls.
- Provide leadership and vision for the Accounting and Financial Operations team and our financial infrastructure to support growth.
- Manage our accounting daily activities and finance operations and develop plans for driving efficiency and automation.
- Own the financial close process and all associated activity to deliver accurate and timely results reporting to management, regulators and the Board of Directors.
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP.
- Manage external auditors for US corporate audit and the preparation of various tax filings to support the audit process.
- Develop the team's capabilities across the range of sub-functions: general ledger, tax, treasury, payroll, accounts payable, financial reporting, audit and legal.
- Develop, implement and maintain the internal systems and financial controls consistent within company policies and regulatory guidelines, ensuring compliance with all tax and corporate requirements and filings.
- Understand and document reporting needs, collaborate on operational issues, develop creative solutions, and provide business guidance and insight through financial reporting.
- Responsible for monthly close activities including the review of monthly account reconciliations, journal entries and analytics and variance analysis to ensure complete and accuracy of financial statements.
- Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee consolidations and the recording of inter-company activities.
- Manage, cultivate, and develop team members to enable professional growth and overall meet/exceed the needs of internal and external customers.
- Oversight of US payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, cash and balance sheet forecasting, monthly/quarterly external reporting.
- Manage, journal entries, reconciliations and account analysis for month-end and year-end closes.
- Manage the company's insurance needs and commercial banking relationships.
- Ensure maintenance of accounting systems.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leadership in Accounting in the hospitality industry with a distributed national workforce that is focused in the B2B and B2C vertical markets. S/he will have a minimum of 8-12 years' prior experience in the finance function. In addition, they will possess the following critical skills:
Strategic finance, analysis, forecasting and budget management. Direct all aspects of accounting operations such as receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor degree in Accounting., MBA and/or CPA a plus.
This position will be based out of our corporate office in Rockville, MD.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.