Personal Trainers work individually with clients, helping them devise custom exercise programs to help them achieve their physical fitness goals. Personal Trainers make sure that their clients are doing exercises correctly to prevent injuries.This role will also perform any duties normally associated with this position that are not expressly outlined, and any other activities that will contribute to the growth of the organization, and all other duties needed to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, while abiding by our Organization’s Values. Whatever it takes!
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Maintains a client base by selling minimum level of new Personal Training packages as determined by the facility manager.
- Promotes all facility programs/activities by discussing other department areas that may assist members with a total facility experience. Must keep current with facility calendar – programs, events and activities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge about exercise, health, and fitness by remaining current with trends in the industry.
- Participates in facility events, activities, and seminars when directed by management.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques.
- Helps ensure facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree in physical education or related field preferred
- Certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ACE, AFFA, ASCM, NSCA, NASM and NSPA
- Current first aid, CPR, and other safety certifications when required by the client
- Ability to demonstrate equipment use for exercise training
- Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates
- Excellent customer service skills and strong work ethic
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Strong team player
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays