Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts fitness consultations for new clients including pre-participation screening, Medical History, Lifestyle questionnaire, and goal setting to assess and recommend personal training programs.
• Develop individualized exercise programs consistent with a member’s personal fitness and exercise goals.
• Deliver pre-designed workouts to groups of 1 – 15 members.
• Continually monitor and assist members to ensure proper form is used when performing exercises.
• Instructs clients during personal training sessions on the safe and effective use of cardiovascular, flexibility and strength training equipment.
• Responsible for achieving monthly personal training revenue goal established by management team.
• Attend weekly/monthly team meetings.
• Understands how to administer body scan technology and interpret results.
• Partners alongside member sales team to promote membership sales.
• Ensure facility cleanliness and tidiness.
• Remains current on certifications, continuing education and new trends in the industry.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1 year of personal training experience
• Certified personal trainer from a nationally accredited organization (i.e. NASM, ACSM, ACE, NASM, NSCA, ISSA, etc)
• CPR, First Aid and AED Certified
• Knowledge of fitness, endurance training, strength/power training and program design, using the tools given to optimize client results
• Strong ability to coach and manage time, motivating multiple clients in a group setting
• Desire and capacity to coach all fitness levels
• Ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class and be able to bend, stand, reach, climb and lift up to 40 pounds