Total Reward Benefit Coordinator
New York, NY
New York, NY
Total Reward Benefit Coordinator
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on movement, nutrition and regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle and FURTHERMORE are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 175 locations within every major city across the country in addition to London & Toronto.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
The Total Rewards Benefits Coordinator will contribute to a positive employee experience by providing our teammates with Benefit resources and support to maximize their potential. In order to do so, this role will be responsible for effectively communicating and delivering employee benefits policies that are compliant in both state and federal governments while making sure the voices of our employees feel heard in our continued mission to be an employer of choice. They will work with the team to ensure that programs are competitive, sustainable, scalable, and have an impact on the long and short-term performance of the entire organization (Equinox, Equinox Hotels, Blink, Pure Yoga and Furthermore) domestically and internationally for both the field and corporate.
- Communicates Total Rewards programs to employees in all areas of the business (Field and Corporate)
- Utilize expert knowledge and understanding of Total Rewards programs including: Health and Welfare, Compensation, Retirement Plan, and Leave of Absence legislation and emerging practices to ensure compliant and competitive offerings both domestically and internationally
- Leverage reporting tools in HRIS and Payroll system (UltiPro); Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve, ensure data accuracy, and conduct audits with attention to detail
- Day to day support of benefits programs including health and wellness, retirement planning, worker's compensation, and leave of absence policies
- Support the development of and assist in the tracking of annual health and welfare budget, while closely collaborating with Finance team to track any areas of concern
- Support annual renewal process with partners to design, develop, and implement benefits programs, both domestic and international, while keeping the employee population in mind but also responding to internal business to ensure plans are competitive and fiscally responsible
- Respond to employee inquiries for over 12,000 employees, across multiple states, and at all levels of management
- Collaborate with Payroll and other departments as needed to ensure proper processing of benefits deductions, analyze cost implications, budget updates, etc.
- Participate in annual Open Enrollment; lead meetings and coordinate travel to outer markets
- Continually evaluate existing benefits programs and processes; make recommendations for enhancements or improvements in support of strategic initiatives or as triggered by changes to available environments, regulation, technology or business needs.
- Partners with leadership to support the planning, implementation, and evaluation of wellness programs; coordinates with key partners on programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 1-2 years of progressive experience in HR, Benefits or Payroll and related systems
- Experience with health and welfare programs as well as savings and retirement plans management
- Excellent customer service and cross department collaboration skills
- Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve, ensure data accuracy, and conduct audits with attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change and multitask within a dynamic and fast paced work environment
- High level understanding of payroll practices with proven abilities to adhere to deadlines
- Experience with Ultimate Software (Ultipro) or similar record keeping system, including Business Intelligence reporting, PTO and vacation tracking and payroll capabilities.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically within Excel
- Familiar with health and welfare, savings and retirement, and Leave of Absence compliance and reporting requirements including understanding of ERISA, ACA, FMLA, IRS Section 125, 1095 reporting requirements and more
- Proven ability to articulate complex health and welfare topics in professional and fun setting
- Previous experience with international benefit plans with focus on the United Kingdom and Canada a plus.
- Experience with self-insured and fully-insured benefit plans
- Openness to travel during Open Enrollment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. While we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. We regret that phone calls will not be accepted. EOE