The Zone Cycling Fusion Instructor
Newport Beach, CA
Newport Beach, CA
The Zone is a 60-minute athletic-inspired workout designed to help you efficiently achieve maximum results. Led by an expert coach, this revolutionary results-based program uses heart training technology and team-based camaraderie to take your workout to the next level.
The Cycling Fusion Instructor:
We are hiring Indoor Cycling instructors who know what it takes to deliver a memorable Indoor cycling experience. Those who are passionate about taking participants on a musical adventure are encouraged to apply. We are searching for candidates who are eager to include heart rate technology as well as lighting effects to enhance the participants understanding of a results driven program hidden in a fun, motivating, sensory exciting experience.
Must have a current indoor cycling certification. Prior experience in Group Fitness, Personal Training, corporate health promotion, wellness, etc. Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants.Must communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from clients/guests. Ability to effectively engage participants as a public speaker.
The responsibilities of a Personal Trainer/Strength and Conditioning Coach include, but is not limited to:
- Deliver High Quality HIIT classes while coaching with heart rate based training zones
- Use of technology to track and monitor participants
- Develop relationships and create culture
- Insist on perfect technique and settle for nothing less
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly fitness floor
- Approach every situation with great attention to detail
- Support, teach and encourage members to meet his/her fitness goals, and motivate intrinsically or extrinsically
- Work together as a team with all departments and treat everyone with respect
- Assist in development and implementation of new fitness programs/classes
- Be the club "goodwill" ambassador and greet and assist members
- Develop relationships and encourage member referrals.
- Attend fitness department and fitness training meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current
Skills & Qualifications:
- Education: 2-years college degree in fitness related field or certificate from accredited 2-year program at a university preferred.
- Experience: Previous health club personal training experience is a plus. Previous strength and conditioning coaching is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing Heart Rate Training is preferred but not mandatory.
- Communication skills, customer service oriented.
- Operational knowledge of resistance training equipment and proper form.
- Knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics.
- Knowledge of injury prevention and basic rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of basic movement and posture assessments and body composition assessments.
- Ability to calculate target heart rate.
- Basic knowledge in nutrition.
- Certifications: CPR and First Aid.
- CPR/AED Certification Required within 30 days of hire..
- Minimum one (1) NCCA or NBFE accredited certification.
- Proof of citizenship or legal status.
This position is currently accepting applications.