Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking an experienced Tennis Professional. The Tennis Professional will be responsible for Teaching Group and Private Tennis Lessons; bringing in new students; helping sell in the pro shop; maintaining courts; scheduling lessons, assisting with tournaments, and court time.
- Teaching certifications from USTA or USPTA required
Total Compensation up to $70k+
- Teaches assigned tennis lessons.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to the Facility Manager.
- Assists in keeping tennis lesson billing up to date.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, if applicable, in accordance with Arch Amenities Group policy.
- Assists in facility maintenance, routine preventative maintenance, and repair.
- Understands the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by participating in regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Helps ensure facility is accessed only by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times. Helps uphold guest rule policy and collects all guest fees.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the courts by cleaning up all balls and hoppers on their court and surrounding courts.
- Follows the court reservation system to ensure a smooth and even flow of traffic on and off courts.
- Offers all instructional services including private and semi private lessons, small groups, clinics, team coaching, and tactics and strategy.
- Assists in the coordination of all social and competitive events including special tournaments.
- Implements programs for adults and juniors.
- Participates in overseeing all pro shop and retail functions, when applicable.
- Submits all lesson and /or sales forms to the Facility Director and/or corporate office on time.
- Attends staff and facility meetings.
- Promotes the facility and its amenities to potential members when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or comparable work experience
- Previous teaching experience
- Must be an experienced, strong, successful player
- Teaching certifications from USTA or USPTA
- Experience in promoting and implementing a large and varied program of events, classes, and leagues
- Has a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.