The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
The Tennis Instructor is responsible for teaching private and group lessons, generating awareness to members and guests of the clubs that are interested in tennis lessons.
MUST have availability to be able to work weekends
Summary Of Essential Job Functions:
• Teaching private lessons and group Tennis lessons
• Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
• Organize, advertise and run mixers, tournaments, round robins and other social competitive events
• Organize, advertise and run leagues (on-going events) which may include teaching junior lessons and clinics and other duties as assigned
• USPTA or PTR certified
• Customer service focused attitude
• Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
• Tennis Professionals who teach youth groups must successfully pass a criminal background check as a contingency of employment
• Industry experience working in a high-end health club
This position requires frequent standing, walking, and running, grasping, swinging, bending and kneeling on the Tennis Court. Sitting for some periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, arms, legs, waist, back and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Walking, standing and running are required daily. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, swing or otherwise move objects. In addition, involves physical movement which includes sports and activities related to membership events and programs.
This position requires close and distant visual acuity to perform sports and coaching activities.
Involves typical office or administrative work and member outdoor Tennis activity, coaching and events in hot weather.