The Tennis Prowill be responsible for bringing in new members; giving lessons; operating a pro shop (if applicable); maintaining courts; scheduling lessons, tournaments, and court time.
• Assists in the development of a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
• Reports any incidents or accidents to the Facility Manager.
• Assists in developing monthly client reports.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, if applicable, in accordance with WTS International policy.
• Assists in facility maintenance, routine preventative maintenance, and repair.
• Helps maintain a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
• Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
• Understands the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by participating in regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Helps ensure facility is accessed only by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times. Helps uphold guest rule policy and collects all guest fees.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the courts and surrounding areas by patrolling the courts several times daily.
• Follows the court reservation system to ensure a smooth and even flow of traffic on and off courts.
• Offers all instructional services including private and semi private lessons, small groups, clinics, team coaching, and tactics and strategy.
• Assists in the coordination of all social and competitive events including special tournaments.
• Participates in overseeing all pro shop and retail functions, when applicable.
• Submits all lesson and /or sales forms to the Facility Director and/or corporate office on time.
• Attends staff and facility meetings.
• Promotes the facility and its amenities to potential members when applicable.
• Maintains an attractive, up-to-date bulletin board.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College degree or comparable work experience
• Previous Tennis Lead/Supervisor experience
• Must be an experienced, strong, successful player
• Teaching certifications from USTA or USPTA
• Experience in promoting and implementing a large and varied program of events, classes, and leagues
• Experience with budget development and financial management is also required
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
• Excellent customer service skills
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
• Ability to stand for long periods
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.