The Part Time Tennis Professional will be responsible for teaching tennis group and private lessons; assisting in the pro shop; scheduling lessons, tournaments, and court time.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to the Facility Manager.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, if applicable, in accordance with WTS International policy.
• Understands the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by participating in regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the courts while teaching lessons.
• Follows the court reservation system to ensure a smooth and even flow of traffic on and off courts.
• Offers all instructional services including private and semi private lessons, small groups, clinics, team coaching, and tactics and strategy.
• Assists in the coordination of social and competitive events including special tournaments.
• Implements programs for adults and juniors.
• Participates in selling pro shop items.
• Submits all lesson and /or payroll to the Tennis Director on time.
• Attends staff and facility meetings.
• Promotes the facility and its amenities to potential members when applicable.
• Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or comparable work experience
• Must be an experienced, strong, successful player
• Teaching certifications from USTA or USPTA
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
• Excellent customer service skills
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
• Ability to stand for long periods
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.