The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
To assist in coordinating tennis club events and provide administrative support to Tennis Director and Tennis Pro.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Solicit members to participate in Village team play.
- Field all phone calls and emails from members regarding teams – Team Point Person
- Work with pros to attain ability to organize members at appropriate levels.
- Contact all organizations (ATA,USTA,Inter-club etc) to manage registration deadlines, details, fees and scheduling.
- Work with team captains to ensure members satisfaction.
- Work with members to keep their organization registrations current.
- Help coordinate periodic special events at the club in an effort to attract and retain members’ tennis interests.
- Assist in all tennis related activities.
- Enforce all the club’s rules and regulations governing the use of the facility, its equipment and other property.
- Foster and maintain close relationships with the other club professionals (fitness, swimming, etc.).
- Ensure programs are in place at the club/facility to service the entire membership (juniors, adults, seniors, ).
- Help coordinate special events at the club in an effort to attract and retain members’ tennis interests.
- Assist in the promotion of tennis activities for the club.
- Assist in coordinating league play.
- Ascertain that all areas of the tennis club/facility are neat and clean at all times
- Knowledge of inter-club, USTA, ATA teams
- Customer service focused attitude
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be punctual and self-motivated
This position requires standing, walking, lifting, bending and kneeling for filing. Sitting for some of the time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication. In addition, this position requires running, grasping and swinging on the Tennis Court
Walking, standing and running are required daily. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, swing or otherwise move objects. In addition, involves physical movement which includes sports and activities related to membership events and programs.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and viewing computer monitors and reading.
Involves typical office or administrative work and member outdoor Tennis activity, coaching and events in hot weather.