Swim Lessons Instructor
Worldgate Athletic Club and WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking an Swim Instructor. The Swim Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction for all levels of American Red Cross swim lessons to participants of all ages and ability.
Worldgate Athletic Club & Spa - Experience elevated fitness and wellness with 110,000 square feet of fitness, aquatics, tennis, spa and wellness amenities. From state-of-the-art equipment to a large gymnasium to all new locker rooms to a full kid's club, Worldgate Athletic Club & Spa is amenity-rich. Expert personal trainers, group exercise instructors, and spa therapists offer the latest in well-balanced health. Apply today and join our team!
- Effectively teach all levels of swim instruction under American Red Cross standards, possessing full knowledge of the skills at each level.
- Effectively communicate with parents the appropriate class enrollment level for all children.
- aintain a familiarity with the registration process and current class schedules.
- Provide ongoing, effective communication with reception desk regarding all classes and programming.
- Prepare award certificates, patches, and cards upon completion of the course.
- Ensure safety of all swimmers by preventative measures and minimizing hazardous situations.
- Enforcement of all pool rules and regulations in a polite and courteous manner.
- Provide quick response to emergency situations in water/deck area.
- Be knowledgeable on all aquatic information and programming.
- Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress/uniform.
- Is timely and punctual when reporting to work.
- Submits required class records on time.
- Ensure the aquatic area is safe, clean and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school education preferred
- Community C.P.R. certification
- Standard First Aid certification
- American Red Cross or YMCA Water Safety Instructor certificate
- Experience teaching all ages and all American Red Cross level
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility
- Must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems
- Consistently exhibit team spirit promoting a productive environment
- Maintain a character of professionalism and confidence, with a tactful ability to communicate with participants
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others
- Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines
- Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression
- Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.