The Swim Instructor is expected to teach safe and effective group and/or private swim classes for our members and are required to purpose and maintain educational standards commensurate with Active Wellness quality and commitment to aquatics safety
- Teaches various levels and age groups in accordance with Active Wellness instructional guidelines.
- Plan lessons, select appropriate drills, and evaluate the student's progress.
- Present proper demonstrations and explain skills, analyze and correct performance, minimize fear, and use appropriate teaching devices.
- Maintain a safe and positive teaching environment.
- Attend all in-service trainings.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare course completion certificates.
- Perform all swimming strokes and skills taught in all levels.
- Effectively communicate each student's progress either to the student directly, or to the student's parents where appropriate.
- Be knowledgeable about all programs and activities offered by Active Wellness
- Promote club services and activities
- Assist with keeping the club well stocked and clean
- Inventory of food items as well as locker and laundry service
- Maintain safety book/emergency log, massage log, and lost and found ledger
Minimum Job Requirements:
Certifications, Licenses, etc.:
Lifeguards must maintain the following:
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer (or equivalent training).
- American Red Cross First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (or equivalent training).
All Swim Instructors are required to perform the following performance test prior to employment and may be tested at any time throughout their employment.
Performance test are as follows:
- Demonstrate all swim strokes, including freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly, sidestroke, elementary backstroke, and treading water.
- Demonstrate all skills taught in all levels.
This position is currently accepting applications.