New Mexico Highpoint Sports & Wellness
A Wellbridge Company
We're looking for a Swim Coach!
Who we are:
New Mexico Sports & Wellness is Albuquerque's leading upscale athletic, aquatics, tennis, and family fitness club, with 5 convenient locations. Our clubs support the lifestyles of busy professionals, families, health enthusiasts and those who simply strive to be more active by providing a wide spectrum of unique fitness and wellness services.
What our Swim Coaches are all about:
Our Swim Coaches are experienced professionals with a passion for helping children ages 5-16 meet their competitive swimming goals. They enjoy analyzing performance, providing instruction on swimming techniques and working with our aquatics department to prepare for competitive events.
What you’re all about:
- Assisting the Aquatics Manager as needed and lead the effort in developing, managing and marketing our swim lessons program.
- Working under the direction of the head coach to assist with various job duties including helping with the Senior Group as needed and recruiting new swimmers.
- Emphasizing proper stroke technique and understand the progression for each training group.
- Conducting test sets, dry land sessions following the season plan, tracking performance and communicating this information to parents, conduct parent and athlete meetings, attending coaches’ meetings and all other functions related.
- Creating a training plan and conducting workouts geared towards maximizing the swimmer's potential for primary training groups of highly committed 12 & Unders while overseeing the developmental 14 & Under program.
- Working with all coaches to ensure that athletes 12 & under are being prepared for long-term progression through the team.
- Performing administrative functions including, but not limited to, swim meet entries, parent and athletes meetings, attend weekend swim meets as scheduled, coaching at swim meets and management of team rosters.
- Running clinics and camps and develop cohesive lesson program to feed into the developmental half of the swim team.
- Helping to coordinate/manage corporate functions at the health club.
Why we’re a great company to join:
- A joy and enthusiasm for working with children and helping them improve their competitive performance.
- 3 years of previous coaching experience and/or aquatics experience and coaching membership that is in good standing with USA Swimming.
- An ASCA Level II certification (or higher) is highly desirable but not required.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); Bachelor’s degree ideal.
- Exceptional communication and motivation skills with children with the ability to consider varied social, emotional and physical attributes.
- An attitude of inclusion and team building.
- You’ll enjoy a complementary family membership.
- We provide state-of-the-art exercise equipment and resources.
- We provide the opportunity to strategize, learn, lead and grow.
- We provide medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- We offer company matching 401k.
- We offer short term and long term disability.
- We offer AD&D and voluntary insurance.
- We offer paid time off and holidays.
- And much, much more!
Wellbridge owns and operates a variety of premiere athletic and tennis clubs across the country. Established more than 30 years ago with one location in CO, we have grown to 17 locations spanning 5 states. We proudly employ more than 1,400 team members and serve a growing membership community of more than 35,000+ members.
We offer dynamic opportunities for our employees to develop their careers in a collaborative and empowering environment. Our culture encourages managers to be coaches, celebrates results through teamwork, and promotes innovative behaviors that contribute to a strong and dynamic environment. This allows us to live our mission of delivering the best for and through our employees, our members, and our community.