Foster City, CA
Foster City, CA
Role and Responsibilities
Provide a safe and encouraging environment for adult and youth swimmers to grow their capabilities and technique in the water. Offer a variety of training to different populations of varying abilities and swimming goals.
- Arrive prior to scheduled shift
- Have a lesson plan/workout prepared for swimmers.
- Coach specified age group of swimmers, in a safe, fun, and encouraging manner. Ages groups include youth 8 & under through Masters/Adults.
- Make adjustments to workouts, as well as coaching style and technique, to accommodate a variety of abilities.
- Run the daily operations of the masters, pre-masters and fundamentals swim programs
- Plan lessons, select appropriate drills and evaluate the student's progress
- Maintain a safe and positive teaching environment
- Perform all swimming strokes and skills taught in all levels
- Effectively communicate each student's progress
- Provide adult swimmers the opportunity to master technique in all strokes
- Identify and recruit strong talent to help develop a successful swim program
- Establish training programs to assist adult swimmers to achieve his/her goals
- Attend and support swimmers at meets (masters only)
- Continued development and participation in all programs
- Responsibilities for monitoring payments and registration into the program
- Strong communication skills, customer service oriented, commitment to fitness industry/environment
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of two years of competitive experience.
- Able to create workouts and brainstorm creative programming ideas.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- USA Swimming Coach certification required within 6 months of hire date.
- First Aid certification required
- CPR/AED Certification Required within 30 days of hire.
- Water Safety certification preferred (Lifeguard, WSI, Aquatic Safety Assistant, etc)
- Proof of citizenship or legal status
Physical and Working Conditions
- Able to coach from an outdoor pool deck in a year-round program.
- Fitness club environment.
- Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards
$20 - $25
This position is currently accepting applications.