Village Health Clubs and Spas is looking for a Swim Coach to join our winning team!
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Assisting in the long-term retention of memberships by Coaching the Swim Team program and activities for existing member participation and to attract new members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works closely with Programs Director to develop Team goals and yearly plan.
- Coach Swim Team members by improving their swimming skills and competitive spirit.
- Lead Swim Team Group Workouts according to a season plan.
- Assists in organizing Swim Team Events, Meets and Programs
- Attract and Retain members by consistently providing excellent customer service
- Provide strict oversight for registering new participants for the Team as well as maintaining the cleanliness and order of our Aquatics Facilities.
- Be at swimming area 15 minutes or more (as needed) before instruction periods to have tools, supplies and area ready for activities.
- Responsible for keeping regular inventory of all swim supplies and equipment condition and need for supplies.
- Employee leads by example, consistently conveying a positive attitude, passion and pride in their work
- Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
- Must have Swim Coaching experience
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- Motivated and energetic demeanor
- Must have intricate knowledge of the competitive strokes and how to teach those skills to members.
- Required to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
- Life Guard and/or USA Swimming Coach certification preferred