Swim Coach - HSW - Albuquerque, NM
Albuquerque, NM 87111
New Mexico Sports & Wellness - Highpoint
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Swim Coach who enjoys sharing their knowledge of the sport with children!
Who we are:
New Mexico Sports & Wellness is Albuquerque's leading upscale athletic, aquatics, tennis, and family fitness club, with 5 convenient locations. Our clubs support the lifestyles of busy professionals, families, health enthusiasts and those who simply strive to be more active by providing a wide spectrum of unique fitness and wellness services.
What our Swim Coaches are all about:
Our Swim Coaches are experienced professionals with a passion for helping children ages 5-16 meet their competitive swimming goals. They enjoy analyzing performance, providing instruction on swimming techniques and working with our aquatics department to prepare for competitive events.
Some responsibilities include:
What you’re all about:
- Assisting the Aquatics Manager as needed and lead the effort in developing, managing and marketing our swim lessons program.
- Working under the direction of the head coach to assist with various job duties including helping with the Senior Group as needed and recruiting new swimmers.
- Emphasizing proper stroke technique and understand the progression for each training group.
- Conducting test sets, dry land sessions following the season plan, tracking performance and communicating this information to parents, conduct parent and athlete meetings, attending coaches’ meetings and all other functions related.
- Creating a training plan and conducting workouts geared towards maximizing the swimmer's potential for primary training groups of highly committed 12 & Unders while overseeing the developmental 14 & Under program.
- Working with all coaches to ensure that athletes 12 & under are being prepared for long-term progression through the team.
- Performing administrative functions including, but not limited to, swim meet entries, parent and athletes meetings, attend weekend swim meets as scheduled, coaching at swim meets and management of team rosters.
- Running clinics and camps and develop cohesive lesson program to feed into the developmental half of the swim team.
- Helping to coordinate/manage corporate functions at the health club.
Why you want to work for us:
- A joy and enthusiasm for working with children and helping them improve their competitive performance.
- 3 years of previous coaching experience and/or aquatics experience and coaching membership that is in good standing with USA Swimming.
- An ASCA Level II certification (or higher) is highly desirable but not required.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); Bachelor’s degree ideal.
- Exceptional communication and motivation skills with children with the ability to consider varied social, emotional and physical attributes.
- An attitude of inclusion and team building.
- We have no problem sharing our clubs with our employees for FREE!
- We have state-of-the-art exercise equipment and resources.
- We provide the opportunity to strategize, learn, lead and grow.
- And much, much more.