Summer Camp Counselor
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Camp Counselor at a recreational Summer Day Camp at a private community club in Melbourne, FL. The Camp Counselor is responsible for assisting with the running of all camps to include but not limited to: providing customer service, ensuring the safety and welfare of all participants, and the continual evaluation of camp activities.
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
• Reports any incident or accident to the Camp Coordinator.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe play/camp area at all times.
• Supervise, administer, and initiate children's activities for the camp.
• Prepare fun activities, ensuring appropriateness for various ages and abilities.
• Ensure the safety for all age groups.
• Communicates issues with a camper to the parent in a tactful manner
• Make suggestions of activities and supplies for the program consistent with budget provided by Camp Coordinator.
• Follow instructions from supervisor and/or parent.
• Assists with maintaining camp inventory.
• Responsible for maintaining open lines of communication and good rapport with children and parents of those children whom participate in the camp program.
• Responsible for understanding the rules and guidelines for summer camp and the Club.
• Follow all of the various written mandatory standards of operation, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions; all of which make up the essential functions of the job.
• This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club's operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or directed.
• While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. (E.g. emergencies, changes in personnel workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
• High school education preferred
• Must be a strong swimmer
• Experience caring for children
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude toward job, team and facility.
• Demonstrate a genuine love and care for children; is a positive role model
• Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others.
• Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines.
• Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
• Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress/uniform.
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
• Individuals must be able to work in a dynamic, customer service oriented environment; adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Able to show initiative and make decisions
• Ability to stand for long periods
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.