Summer Camp Coordinator
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Camp Coordinator. The Camp Coordinator will oversee and run the recreational Summer Day Camp at a private community club in Melbourne, FL. The Camp Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of the camp, the counselors and the budget for the program. The Coordinator will plan and implement all daily activities and special events for the camp for children ages 5 to 11 years old in a safe and enjoyable environment. Should possess a willingness to try new tasks, generates new ideas for change, evaluates and recognizes priorities, keeps current and integrates new information, communicate and acts as a role model and mentor for counselors.The Camp Coordinator also oversees the Camp Counselors.
• Ensures the "WTS Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
• Reports any incident or accident to the Lifestyle Director.
• Responsible for assisting in developing, creating, and implementing marketing materials and weekly newsletter for distribution to campers.
• Directly supervises and assists the summer camp counselors.
• Produces staff schedule of counselors.
• Plans weekly schedule according to themes for 9 weeks of summer day camp.
• Implements theme ideas, activities, events and crafts as planned to meet the functional levels, needs and interests of each participant on a daily basis.
• Responsible for maintaining camp inventory.
• Reports to the Lifestyle Director needs for purchasing equipment, inventory items, activity supplies on a timely basis. Assists in placing orders for camp supplies.
• Follow all of the various written mandatory standards of operation, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions; all of which make up the essential functions of the job.
• Responsible for obtaining registration forms and all release forms for all participants in camp where liability forms are needed.
• Maintain a log containing the number of participants attending camp each day in order to track attendance.
• Assist in developing and implementing additional activities and ideas for the Club.
• Responsible for understanding the rules and guidelines for summer camp and the Club.
• Reports on a regular basis to the Lifestyle Director and Club Manager on all issues concerning camp participants, parents, residents and guests in general.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe play/camp area at all times.
• Responsible for recording hours worked at the end of your shift.
• Responsible for maintaining open lines of communication and good rapport with children and parents of those children whom participate in the camp program.
• This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club's operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or directed.
• While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. (E.g. emergencies, changes in personnel workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
• Four year certificate from college or technical school; or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Self-motivated, organized and goal oriented.
• Previous experience working with children.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy & procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Demonstrates active listening techniques, gains support through effective relationships, treats others with dignity and respect and seeks feedback.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
• Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasionally or no variables.
• Must be a strong swimmer.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.