Studio Fitness Coordinator
Maryland Athletic Club Harbor East
A Wellbridge Company
We're looking for a Studio Fitness Coordinator!
Who we are:
Maryland Athletic Club is Baltimore’s premier athletic club and spa where members enjoy unrivaled service, upscale amenities and a family-friendly atmosphere. Our club supports the lifestyles of busy professionals, families, health enthusiasts and those who simply strive to be more active by providing a wide spectrum of unique fitness and wellness services.
What our Studio Fitness Coordinators are all about:
The Studio Fitness & Pilates Coordinator develops and directs a comprehensive program of group exercise and Pilates class offerings. They are responsible for recruiting, hiring, motivating, and the evaluation of all instructors. The Studio Coordinator will also be responsible to oversee our state-of-the-art (region) location. The classes responsible will include Fitness Studio, Yoga Studio and Pilates Studio.
The Coordinator solicits and responds to member and instructor feedback in relation to the scheduling of classes (formal type, level, time), the instruction given (clear, concise, safe, effective, relative information), and the environment provided (cleanliness, friendliness, personal attention, encouragement).
What you're all about:
- You have a passion for fitness and enjoy the high demands of a leadership role.
- You are detail-oriented, highly organized, and easily able to multi-task in a high energy environment.
- You have a High School diploma or equivalent (GED) and hold at least one current national group exercise certification such as AFFA, ACE, AEA, ACSM, Pilates’ certification.
- You have 2+ plus years of experience teaching in multiple formats.
- You have previous management or supervisory experience in fitness environment.
- You can provide proof that you are currently CPR & First Aid certified.
- You have a minimum of one year Group Fitness Coordinator experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in exercise physiology or a related area is definitely a plus.
Why we’re a great company to join:
- This position requires agility and the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class.
- Bending and moving is done frequently and physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands or arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, talking or hearing more than 2/3 of the time.
- Being able to lift at least 25 pounds is required.
- Vision requirements include seeing up close, distant, peripheral, color and depth with the ability to adjust focus.
- You’ll enjoy a complementary family membership.
- We provide state-of-the-art exercise equipment and resources.
- We provide the opportunity to strategize, learn, lead and grow.
- We provide medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- We offer company matching 401k.
- We offer short term and long term disability.
- We offer AD&D and voluntary insurance.
- We offer paid time off and holidays.
- And much, much more!
Wellbridge owns and operates a variety of premiere athletic and tennis clubs in the country. Established more than 30 years ago with one location in CO, we have grown to 16 locations spanning 5 states. We proudly employ more than 1,400 team members and serve a growing membership community of more than 35,000+ members.
We offer dynamic opportunities for our employees to develop their careers in a collaborative and empowering environment. Our culture encourages managers to be coaches, celebrates results through teamwork, and promotes innovative behaviors that contribute to a strong and dynamic environment. This allows us to live our mission of delivering the best for and through our employees, our members, and our community.