Spa Retail Supervisor
West Palm Beach, FL
West Palm Beach, FL
The Spa Retail Supervisor is responsible for exceeding retail revenue goals of the spa and providing five star guest service. Spa Retail Supervisor would buy and manage inventory for the spa and hotel gifts shops, and is responsible for monthly reporting and achieving of sales goals. Strong accounting and administrative skills required. Must work some nights and weekends.
The Spa Retail Supervisor reports to the Spa Director and coordinates with the Spa Managers, Spa Supervisors and Leads, and Spa Team to effectively coordinate and oversee day to day operations of the spa facility as it relates to guests or events.
- Must adhere to and hold fellow colleagues accountable for WTS Basics to Excellence Service Standards, Core Values and Forbes Five Star Standards.
- Must exceed Home and Fashion and Spa Product goals monthly.
- Counts inventory and maintains par levels for all retail products.
- Creates retail programs that are not already in place in an effort to create more revenue opportunities.
- Builds relationships with vendors and creates incentive programs for staff.
- Completes spa boutique operational requirements by assisting in training, scheduling and assigning employees and following up on their sales percentages.
- Must work weekends, holidays and evenings, as well as attend special events to promote the spa as needed.
- Should create a program where incentive retail purchases are presented to group leaders for their groups.
- Must be able to style luxury market guests
- Must be able to proficiently work at the front desk and take front desk shifts.
- Creates reporting weekly to show retail trends
- Must be able to excel at retail merchandising
- Must be able to enter Purchase orders, Purchase Requisitions and Products into SpaBiz.
- Must manage the POS system and assure that all retail items are assigned to the correct vendor, have accurate pricing and inventory numbers are correct
- Opera as a POS system and creating invoices to submit to the resort.
- Maintains spa boutique staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains spa boutique staff job results by assisting in coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees based on sales objectives and customer service qualities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by assisting in the preparation of an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Attends daily line-ups, leader's meetings, sales meetings and revenue meetings to stay in alignment with the goals of the resort.
- Must work with Aquanuts and COAST children's programs, Tennis and the gift shop to ensure that department managers are receiving the support and assistance that they require as it pertains to retail sales.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts and maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities, determining additional needed sales promotion, authorizing clearance sales with ownership and Spa Director permission, and studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean spa boutique environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the spa boutique by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Must promote retail sales on social media such as but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumbler, Foursquare, etc.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assists with general spa marketing and public relations strategy as it relates to retail and helps plan and coordinate media visits and in-spa events as needed.
- Attend weekly hotel resume meeting, all pre-cons and site tours, hotel sales team daily standups, Eau Spa daily standups and Spa Management team weekly meetings and any other applicable meetings.
- Supports Director with daily operations such as front desk coverage, completion of revenue reports, inventory management as well as serving as the manager on duty to assist with staff and guest needs.
- Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in business, fashion, sales, or related field with coursework in business and accounting. Master's degree is preferred but not required.
- Proven Success in Retail Sales
- Social Media retail promotion experience
- Experience in a luxury sales environment
- POS System experience is a must
- Five Star Customer Service
- Tracking Budget
- Tracking Expenses
- Vendor Relationships
- Marketing Knowledge of Retail Sales
- Results Driven
- Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication
- Assists in facilitating a team approach with Spa Front of House and support staff in order to service all guests with accuracy and professionalism.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills including public speaking
- Strong team player.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
- Proficient on Spa Biz, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- This position required the ability to stand for long periods of the time.
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, and talk.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Willingness to work a varied work schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
WTS International is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.