New York, NY
New York, NY
The Spa Receptionist is responsible for greeting guests or members. The Spa Receptionist is expected to maintain bookings and process cancellations. The Spa Receptionist must be well versed in the different services offered at the facility, so as to be able to provide adequate information to the clients of the facility. They are to help clients with their queries. This gives a personal touch and makes the client feel more welcome. They should also be able to handle dissatisfied clients. Additionally, the Spa Receptionist may need to process transactions and handle money and contribute to facility cleanliness.
• Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
• Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
• Reports any incident or accident to the Facility Manager.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, when applicable, in accordance with WTS International policy.
• Develops and maintains accurate department maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
• Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies and or products, when applicable.
• Becomes knowledgeable about the facility and its amenities in order to effectively communicate with members and/or guests.
• Participates in the Manager on Duty (MOD) schedule, if applicable.
• Helps ensure facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Greets each and every guest with a smile and direct eye contact.
• Goes the extra mile for members and guests by offering to make reservations, find directions, look up phone numbers, etc.
• Uses time efficiently throughout shift by checking equipment, locker rooms, gift shop stocks, inventory, etc. Ensures proper coverage when it's necessary to leave the area.
• Keeps area clear of clutter and personal effects.
• Informs co-worker(s) of pertinent information at the end of the shift. Maintains and updates staff communication book.
• Informs facility manager of any member, guest, or facility issues.
• Enrolls members and guests in programs. Makes reservations for spa services and personal training, when applicable.
• Receives payments for goods and services and properly accounts for the money. Reconciles daily sales, deposits, and receipts, when applicable.
• Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• High School diploma but college degree preferred.
• Customer service experience
• Previous experience handling money
• Excellent communication, customer service skills, and work ethic
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Strong team player
• Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Availability to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Availability to stand for long periods of time
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.