WTS International and the Boar's Head Spa are seeking a Spa Manager to direct and coordinate Spa activities, including the direction of Front Desk Receptionists, Nail Technicians, Massage Therapists, Estheticians, Hair Stylists and Make Up Artists. The Spa Manager will ensure adherence to Boar's Head Standards of Excellence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Direct and coordinate all Spa activities and personnel.
- Ensure the efficiency, productivity, and guest service skills of Front Desk Receptionists.
- Ensure Nail Technicians, Estheticians, Hair Stylists, Make Up Artists, and Massage Therapists offer the quality of treatments expected.
- Ensure that certifications are current for each therapist.
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory, including amenities, linens, treatment products, retail products and cleaning supplies.
- Conduct monthly inventory control counts.
- Make purchases based on said counts.
- Hire, supervise and maintain a well-trained, qualified staff.
- Interview and hire staff.
- Actively promote positive employee morale.
- Train and coach employees for successful job performance.
- Perform progressive discipline as necessary.
- Write early performance appraisals and recommend appropriate pay increases.
- Ensure that job responsibilities are conducted in a safe manner to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrate and encourage staff to present a "Yes I Can" attitude at all times.
- Acquire knowledge of Spa treatments and general resort information in order to anticipate and respond appropriately to guest needs.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all personnel to foster and promote a harmonious working climate conducive to maximum employee morale, efficiency and productivity.
- Perform all accountabilities in a timely manner, following established company policies and standards.
- Project a favorable image of The Boar's Head in order to maintain AAA Four Diamond status and promote achievement of Mobile Four Star recognition.
- Keep Executive Housekeeper promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so that prompt corrective action may be taken.
- Support staff in the completion of their assignments.
- Coordinate staffing to meet or exceed productivity and budgetary standards.
- Monitor productivity to ensure it is in line with budget.
- Control unnecessary waste of amenities and products.
- Ensure reports are accurate.
- Actively participate in appropriate meetings and regularly meet with the Director of Operations, and others as designated.
- Coordinate group appointments.
- Coordinate monthly staff meetings.
- Compile yearly budget, including capital expenditures.
- Prepare payroll reports every two weeks.
- Manage all service provider's schedules to provide maximal service during designated hours of operation.
- Ensure that all guests' complaints, praises and concerns are acknowledged and resolved quickly.
- Contribute to overall resort team effort by completing additional duties as assigned.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work the Front Desk in absence of assigned staff.
- Clean Spa if needed.
- Report maintenance needs.
- Provide Spa tours.
- Ensure competitive pricing of products and services.
- Ensure the staff at the Spa receive competitive pay.
- Ensure that amenities offered at the Spa are current with the trends of the industry.
- Attend quarterly meetings with the UVA Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE EXPECTATIONS
FORBES TRAVEL GUIDE BASIC STANDARDS
Email email@example.com for full job description details
- College degree or minimum 2 years' college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of management or supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in a similar spa setting.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer knowledge and experience.
- Proven ability to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Resolve problems calmly, using good judgment.
- Work independently.
- Understand guests' service needs and solve them proactively.
- Lead a team.
- Work effectively with managers and co-workers.
- Protect guests' property and confidentiality.
- Work under stress in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work 5-7 days per week in rotational shifts, if needed, and including holidays and weekends.
All employees must learn and comply with all Resort safety rules; must use appropriate safety equipment at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features or equipment, machinery or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisor if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.