Spa Front Desk Coordinator
New York, NY
New York, NY
WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Spa Front Desk Coordinator. This Spa Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for the overall operations of the spa front desk. This includes oversight of all spa reservations, client record keeping, POS transactions, gift card transactions, cash handling procedures, guest service, staff scheduling, and ongoing staff education. Additionally, this position is responsible for the oversight of all group sales bookings. The Spa Front Desk Supervisor must lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations.
- Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards. Ensures that all receptionists are implementing BTE.
- Adheres to policies of the facility and WTS International.
- Creates a team approach with spa receptionists and support staff in order to service all groups with accuracy and professionalism.
- Hires, trains, and schedules front desk staff in accordance to business demands and budget.
- Coaches and counsels staff to uphold policies.
- Acts as liaison with Call Center and hotel front desk properties, if applicable.
- Monitors guest satisfaction and reports any concerns or methods for improvement to Spa Director. Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Creates and maintains services in spa computer systems.
- Maintains updated member listing (if applicable) and encourages staff to learn about the members.
- Assists with coordination of spa events for the purpose of sales generation and community awareness.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting in accordance with WTS policy.
- Oversees the billing for the group business.
- Assists with the creation of a calendar of events (both onsite and offsite) for the spa.
- Assists with the booking of outside prospects such as new local group business including corporate, personal, and bridal.
- Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the Spa Director.
- Supervises effective daily operations including opening and closing procedures, facility inspections, linens, and general facility maintenance.
- Works with spa leadership as a steward to the facility to ensure areas are clean, safe, and well maintained.
- Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in Manager on Duty (MOD) schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. College curse work in the area of Hospitality, Exercise Science, Health Education, Business or related field preferred.
- 1+ years of previous experience in hospitality industry, preferably in a sales or front desk capacity.
- Knowledge of professional spa services and treatments preferred
- Sales oriented
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to show initiative and make decisions.
- Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient on computer systems and software, including Spa Biz, Spa Soft or Visual One (as appropriate), Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
- This position requires the following abilities: climbing, balancing, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: computer, calculators, office supplies, and phone.
- The employee may be required be exposed to noise and mechanical hazards.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.