Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and amenity management firm, is seeking a Spa Director for Bamford Wellness Spa at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge in Brooklyn, NY.
The Spa Director is a visionary and incorporates progressive thinking with exceptional management skills and fine-tuned leadership qualities. Must have a minimum of five years of Spa Director experience. This individual must have excellent communication skills and be successful in balancing the needs of the spa, the guests, and the employees. The Spa Director will have a full understanding of the complexity of property and efficiently operate this area. In addition to having exceptional organizational skills, marketing ability, and an eye for detail, the Spa Director must have the knowledge and aptitude to evaluate and manage labor costs and expenses related to the spa as its many components are important to the spas overall success. Having the capability to recognize trends in the market place and evaluate the needs for spa guests is paramount to keeping the spa fresh and enjoyable. The Spa Director will play an integral role in providing training guidance, and consistency in high quality service for all staff at the spa.
Luxury hotel spa management experience ideal. Seeking creative and experienced Spa Director with great success in luxury standards and driving revenue.
$100K plus bonus
- Ensures the "Arch Amenities Group Experience" for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in Arch Amenities Group's Basics to Excellence (BTE), Arch Amenities Group's Mission Statement/Values, Standards and Expectations, and Arch Amenities Group's Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of the facility and Arch Amenities Group.
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS operations template.
- Uses a template to develop a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and forwards recommended changes to the client with Account Executive's approval.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting in accordance with WTS policy.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and products.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility when applicable.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Maintains a fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system.
- Assesses all employees' progress continually, trains employees, coaches employees with positive reinforcement and disciplines fairly and consistently, participates in annual performance evaluations, and assists in the termination process when necessary.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and makes necessary changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures the successful integration of the spa and the fitness facility into the overall operations of the hotel.
- Ensures that the spa is successfully positioned within the respective marketplace by completing a competitive analysis and determining strengths and weaknesses of all significant competitors.
- Implements a strategy to contact conference groups and promotes spa services to attendees.
- Ensures that financial goals are attained by developing and implementing a retail sales plan. Establishes service and retail goals for staff and provides guidance on how to achieve them.
- Develops a schedule of seasonal utilization patterns to be used in the budgeting process and effective payroll management.
- Specifies and controls efficient usage of professional products for all services by completing a service cost analysis and implementing an inventory control system.
- Provides necessary financial information to corporate and the client's accounting department for accurate reporting of daily sales and financial performance.
- Ensures an effective inventory system with the par stock levels implemented for spa equipment and supplies.
- Ensures compliance with all state licensing and health requirements.
- Provides reservation procedures using spa software or a manual reservation system.
- Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the Corporate Risk Management Department and WTS Operations Director
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or comparable spa management experience
- 3+ years of successful spa management experience.
- Knowledge of professional spa services and treatments.
- Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Creative in marketing and promotions.
- Sales oriented.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to show initiative and make decisions.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient in spa software (Spa Biz, Spa Soft or Visual One) and Microsoft Office products.
- CPR/First Aid Certified.
- Must be in a physical condition to project the health and wellness ideals of the spa environment.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of constantly to move objects.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the following abilities: climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: computer, calculators, office supplies, phone, paperwork, protocol binders, retail inventory, all spa equipment, hot cabbies, paraffin heaters, steamers, microcurrent machines, fitness equipment, and treatment products.
- Work conditions include exposure to noise, vibrations, extreme temperatures, wet or humid environments, burns, fumes, odors, dust, mists, mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce.