WTS International, the world's leading spa and fitness management firm, is seeking a Spa Director for the Spa at Crystal Mountain Resort in Thompsonville, MI. The Spa Director is responsible for the day-to day operations of the facility to include establishing and meeting the budget and financial goals of the organization, implementing a strategic plan to include marketing initiatives and staff training, acting as the liaison to other revenue centers on property, and professionally representing the facility. The ideal candidate uses his/her ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and apply today for immediate consideration. https://www.crystalmountain.com/employee-benefits/
• Adheres to policies of the facility and Crystal Mountain.
• Develops a comprehensive standard facility operation manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance
• Submits a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and forwards recommended changes to the Vice President Retail and Wellness Services.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting in accordance with Crystal Mountain policy.
• Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
• Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and products.
• Writes articles or press releases for the facility when applicable.
• Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
• Maintains a fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
• Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system.
• Assesses all employees' progress continually, trains employees, coaches employees with positive reinforcement and disciplines fairly and consistently, participates in annual performance evaluations, and assists in the termination process when necessary.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback using comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is always safe and secure.
• Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and makes necessary changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
• Ensures the successful integration of the spa and the fitness facility into the overall operations of the hotel.
• Ensures that the spa is successfully positioned within the respective marketplace by completing a competitive analysis and determining strengths and weaknesses of all significant competitors.
• Implements a strategy to contact conference groups and promotes spa services to attendees.
• Ensures that financial goals are attained by developing and implementing a retail sales plan. Establishes service and retail goals for staff and provides guidance on how to achieve them.
• Develops a schedule of seasonal utilization patterns to be used in the budgeting process and effective payroll management.
• Specifies and controls efficient usage of professional products for all services by completing a service cost analysis and implementing an inventory control system.
• Provides necessary financial information to corporate and the client's accounting department for accurate reporting of daily sales and financial performance.
• Ensures an effective inventory system with the par stock levels implemented for spa equipment and supplies.
• Ensures compliance with all state licensing and health requirements.
• Provides reservation procedures using spa software or a manual reservation system.
• Prepares any incident or accident reports
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or comparable spa management experience
• 2+ years of successful spa management experience.
• Knowledge of professional spa services and treatments.
• Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Creative in marketing and promotions.
• Sales oriented.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to show initiative and make decisions.
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Proficient in spa software (Book4Time, Spa Biz, Spa Soft or Visual One) and Microsoft Office products is highly desired.
• CPR/First Aid Certified.
• Must be in a physical condition to project the health and wellness ideals of the spa environment.
• Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of constantly to move objects.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• This position requires the following abilities: climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, tactile sense, repetitive motions, seeing, hearing, talking, and visual acuity.
• The employee will be required to operate the following tools: computer, calculators, office supplies, phone, paperwork, protocol binders, retail inventory, all spa equipment, hot cabbies, paraffin heaters, steamers, microcurrent machines, fitness equipment, and treatment products.
• Work conditions include exposure to noise, vibrations, extreme temperatures, wet or humid environments, burns, fumes, odors, dust, mists, mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force and is assisting Crystal Mountain in their search for this position.
Other benefits offered to all employees at Crystal Mountain:
In addition to competitive wages, Crystal Mountain employees enjoy many other benefits of working on the mountain.
• Free skiing, snowboarding and golfing
• Free use of the Peak Indoor Pool & Fitness Center
• Free outdoor water park and climbing wall
• Free Alpine Slide rides
• Meal discounts
• Retail discounts
• Discounted fitness and wellness classes
• Crystal Spa discounts
• Room lodging discounts
• Free professional group ski and snowboard lessons
• Discounts on resort activities and family programming
• Free mountain bike rental, tennis and ice skating
• Discounted professional golf lessons
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Holiday Pay (Christmas, New Year's Day and Fourth of July)
BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO YEAR-ROUND, FULL TIME EMPLOYEES
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Medical Spending & Dependent Care Plans
• Long Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
• 401(k) Plan - After one year of service
• Profit Sharing
• Paid Time Off (PTO) based on years of service
• Tuition Assistance