WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Spa Director for an exciting new property in Urbana, IL. We are looking for a successful Spa and Fitness Director who has experience working in the resort or private club market. The Spa Director will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the facility to include: establishing and meeting the budget and financial goals, marketing initiatives, staff oversight and training, and leading and motivating staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations. Prior pre-opening experience preferred but not required.
• Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
• Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations.
• Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, including payroll, in accordance with WTS International policy.
• Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair. Maintains a preventative maintenance schedule for exercise equipment.
• Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of department and/or facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines.
• Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
• Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
• Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
• Maintains a fully staffed department and/or facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
• Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
• Ensures appropriate department and/or facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system and participates in the MOD schedule.
• Assesses all department and/or facility employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, disciplines fairly and consistently and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
• Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
• Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
• Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner.
• Conducts new user orientations including an introduction to the fitness center, facilities, services, programs, policies, and procedures.
• Develops member participation and recruitment plans; outlining in detail all promotions, fitness programs, and any expenditures.
• Designs, with the use of templates, forms, flyers, and promotional materials to be utilized in daily facility operations.
• Conducts personal fitness evaluations and program orientations according to WTS International standards and procedures.
• Sets monthly goals for personal training revenue and markets, promotes, sells, and tracks personal training.
• Ensures all employees are current in appropriate certifications
• Maintains quality control of all programs - WTS International systems, personal training, and group exercise.
• Establishes tracking procedures for facility use and program participation.
• Ensures all guest fees and class fees are correctly charged.
• Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the WTS International Operations Director.
• Reviews and discusses any client suggestions with the Operations Director.
• Maintains bulletin board(s).
• Additional duties as assigned
• 5 years Spa and Fitness Director experience, preferably in private club
• College degree preferred
• Certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ACE, AFFA, ASCM, NSCA, and NSPA preferred
• Current first aid, CPR, and other safety certifications when required by the client
• Minimum of one-year supervisory experience in a health facility setting
• Ability to demonstrate equipment use for exercise training
• Must be able to lift 45-pound weight plates
• Excellent customer service skills
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic
• Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand for long periods of time.
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
WTS International is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.