WTS International, Inc. one of the world's leading spa and fitness consulting and management firms, is seeking a Spa Director for Maricopa, AZ. The Spa Director is responsible for the day-to day operations of the facility to include: establishing and meeting the budget and financial goals of the organization, implementing a strategic plan to include marketing initiatives and staff training, acting as the liaison to other revenue centers on property, and professionally represents the facility and WTS International. Uses the ability to lead and motivate staff to achieve goals and exceed guest expectations.
- Develops a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Develops, through use of a template, a monthly and yearly management report outlining key facility statistics and a summary of daily operations. Also reports any current or future concerns and, with Operation Director's approval, forwards recommended changes to the client.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Develops and maintains accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Maintains a fully staffed facility by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training all staff.
- Ensures the staff is fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops. • Ensures appropriate facility supervisory coverage through use of a Manager on Duty (MOD) system.
- Assesses all employees' progress continually; coaches employees with positive reinforcement, and disciplines, when necessary, fairly and consistently; participates in annual performance evaluations, and, when necessary, assists in the termination process.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Creates and implements an effective marketing and public relations strategy in a timely manner.
- Ensures facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility through efficient scheduling of facility and, when necessary, makes changes to stay within budgetary guidelines. • Ensures the successful integration of the spa and, where applicable, the fitness facility, into the overall operations of the hotel.
- Ensures that the spa is successfully positioned within the respective marketplace by completing a competitive analysis and determining strengths and weaknesses of all significant competitors. • Implements a strategy to contact conference groups and promotes spa services to attendees.
- Ensures that financial goals are attained by developing and implementing a retail sales plan. Establishes service and retail goals for staff and provides guidance on how to achieve them. • Develops a schedule of seasonal utilization patterns to be used in the budgeting process and effective payroll management.
- Specifies and controls efficient usage of professional products for all services by completing a service cost analysis and implementing an inventory control system.
- Provides necessary financial information to corporate and the client's accounting department for accurate reporting of daily sales and financial performance.
- Ensures an effective inventory system with the par stock levels implemented for spa equipment and supplies.
- Ensures compliance with all state licensing and health requirements. • Provides reservation procedures using spa software or a manual reservation system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or comparable spa management experience
- Previous successful spa management experience
- Knowledge of professional spa services and treatments
- Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Creative in marketing and promotion, sales oriented
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.