Service Desk Supervisor
Newport Beach, CA
Newport Beach, CA
The Service Desk Supervisor maintains high standard of customer service for the service desk staff, delivering beyond our member's expectations. This person contributes to member retention, as well as new membership sales. The Service Desk Supervisor has the responsibility of checking members in and being responsive to member inquiries regarding goods and services while in the club facilities. The Service Desk Supervisor also responds to members' comments and suggestions, acting as the clubs first line of communication with members and creates a friendly and welcoming environment. The Service Desk Supervisor manages all front desk staff and ensures an exceptional member experience and collaboration between the front desk and other club departments.
The responsibilities of the Service Desk Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
- Say, 'Hi,' and greet members/guests enthusiastically and efficiently handle the check-in process
- Schedule member service appointments either in person or by phone and assist with purchase at the point of sale
- Be knowledgeable and educate members about all programs and activities offered by Active Sports Clubs
- Present membership information to prospective members, and follow-up on membership leads
- Assist with the maintenance of retail shops and managing of vendor partners
- Assist in managing club Operational Standards of Excellence - OSE and completing OSE audits
- Recruit, train, and develop the Service Desk Team
- Set schedule for service desk team and be responsible for maintaining staff coverage
- Ensures that club is open on time
- Works a minimum of 10 hours per week at the desk
- Inventory of food items as well as locker and laundry service
- Maintain safety book/ emergency log, massage log, and lost and found ledger
- Keep club well stocked and clean
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency with both Google and Microsoft Office Suites
- Business, sales and customer service skill set a must.
- Team oriented yet comfortable taking the lead on projects with a focus on collaboration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
High School Diploma
1 year in customer service, management experience a plus
Communication skills, basic computer skills, basic math and accounting skills, ability to multi-task
Specialized knowledge, licenses, etc.:
First Aid/CPR Certified, know proper emergency procedures for the club
Supervisory responsibility, if any:
Service Desk Staff
Fitness club environment
Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards
Ability to stand for several hours in same shift, ability to lift 25 lbs
This position is currently accepting applications.