Service Desk Lead -Tice Creek Fitness
Walnut Creek, CA
Walnut Creek, CA
About Rossmoor - Tice Creek Fitness Center
Rossmoor is a nationally recognized active senior living community for people who are 55 and over, located in the Tice Valley area of Walnut Creek, CA. The community offers a vast range of facilities and activities, like 27 holes of golf, three swimming facilities, 10 outdoor tennis courts, lawn bowling greens, bocce courts, billiards, table tennis facility, dog parks, hiking trails, dances, concerts, art and literature classes, etc. And, the recently renovated, full service Tice Creek Fitness Center.
Role and Responsibilities
The Service Desk Lead must have experience and be comfortable working with a senior population and demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with seniors. Patience, flexibility, adaptability, creativity, a desire to serve, and a sense of humor are all helpful traits in the success of this role. Must be passionate about improving the quality of life for older adults and exemplify a values-based approach, demonstrating integrity, credibility, consistency, and strong team orientation.
The Service Desk Lead is responsible for carrying out Active Wellness and Partner commitments to service residence in the best fitness environment possible with the friendliest staff, most educated trainers, cleanest facility, most ethical business practices and state of the art equipment. This person coordinates the front desk processes of the Fitness Center, including and not limited to creating and maintaining service desk team schedule, scheduling resident appointments for trainers; resident check-ins; fitness center tours; etc. In addition, this position responds to resident and guest questions, acting as the fitness center's first line of communication and creates a friendly and welcoming environment. Materials handled includes resident medical information, subject to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104-191); collects, collates and files resident and guest waiver sign-in sheets; maintains files for Incident Reports; and maintains independent contractor insurance and certification files; collects required data and maintains Fitness center usage statistics, generating reports as required; maintains administrative and first aid supplies, maintains food and beverage inventory, etc.
The responsibilities of the Service Desk Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
- Say, 'Hi,' and greet residents/guests enthusiastically and efficiently handle the check-in process
- Be knowledgeable and educate residents about all programs and activities offered by Tice Creek Fitness Center
- Set schedule for service desk team and be responsible for maintaining staff coverage
- Compiles information and develops reports of various types as required by supervisor and/or Director; ensures incident reports are completed and filed in timely manner, escalating as needed
- Answer telephone and field calls
- Schedule personal training appointments and classes for residents/guests
- Assist with the maintenance of retail area, inventory and order preparation of food and beverage items
Skills & Qualifications:
- Team oriented yet comfortable taking the lead on projects with a focus on collaboration.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service, time and priority management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with both Google and Microsoft Office Suites. MindBody member management program experience a plus.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Three years in customer service related position preferably in a health club environment.
- One year with increasing administrative responsibility and project leadership experience.
- Communication skills, basic computer skills, basic math and accounting skills, ability to multi-task
Specialized knowledge, licenses, etc.:
- First Aid/CPR Certified, know proper emergency procedures for the club
Supervisory responsibility, if any:
- Fitness club environment
- Must follow OSHA, Rossmoor Community, and Active Wellness safety standards
- Ability to stand for several hours in same shift, ability to lift 25 lbs
$16 - $18 hourly (DOE)
This position is currently accepting applications.