Senior UX Researcher
New York, NY
New York, NY
Senior UX Researcher
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. Equinox and its portfolio of affiliated brands are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others, then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
As a Senior UX Researcher you will build and grow Equinox's UX research capabilities and help us understand every aspect of our user's behavior. You will translate that research into actionable insights for the creation and evolution of Equinox's digital products. This is a rapidly growing team and you will work closely with others to evaluate how they interact with our products while partnering with a team of Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to understand the user story in order to produce ground breaking, impactful products. If you are intellectually curious, who will seek out the reasons behind behaviors, the wants, needs and priorities of our passionate member base, then this is the team for you!
- Lead design research projects that reveal user behaviors, patterns, gaps, and motivations
- Synthesize insights and share findings to inspire idea generation, see opportunities, and inform design decisions throughout the product development lifecycle
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to identify what makes a user's experience more intuitive, accessible, motivating and inspiring
- Be a leader with vision and educator to help team members utilize various research methods throughout all stages of their projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand and balance business goals with the user experience
- Prioritize research opportunities in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Share out most relevant findings through reports and in-person presentations
- You have a deep understanding of research methods, with experience in both qualitative and quantitative research
- You have demonstrated the ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management as well as multi-functional teams
- You have keen experience gathering and analyzing data through a variety of techniques including in-person interviews, remote testing, field research, online experiments (A/B testing) etc.
- You have mastered the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively-verbally and in writing
- You have the commitment to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company
- You are knowledge of Adobe Omniture/Analytics
This job description describes the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete list of responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operation of the department.
As a member of the team you will receive:
- Competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/.