Senior Tax Accountant
New York, NY
New York, NY
Senior Tax Accountant
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate about high performance living and we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness. We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes a disruptive approach to unleash it. We dream big and don't settle for the status quo. We sweat the details. We never accept less than 110% to help each other deliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now, what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We value humility and a team approach at every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
We are currently looking for a talented individual to join our team as Senior Tax Accountant in our Tax Department. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and hands on tax accountant with a strong understanding of Federal and Multistate Income Taxation. In this role, the Senior Tax Accountant will be primarily responsible for supporting and facilitating income and franchise tax compliance, accounting, research and planning.
- Assist in the preparation of federal corporate, partnership, multistate and Canadian tax compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of income tax workpapers and quarterly and yearend tax provision calculations.
- Calculate and file quarterly estimated income tax payments and extensions.
- Calculate tax depreciation to support federal and numerous state and local tax filings for a very capital-intensive business.
- Preparing and filing the annual foreign bank account reporting forms
- Prepare apportionment detail for state income tax calculations.
- Work with outside accounting firms to handle income tax issues for Expats in the UK and Canada.
- Respond to various government tax agency notices and requests.
- Participate and assist with ongoing tax department projects and tasks such as audits, tax credits and incentives, tax transactions, etc.
- 3-5 years corporate income tax experience, including working knowledge of ASC 740.
- Degree in Accounting and/or Tax. A CPA or CPA candidate is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX, Hyperion, and OneSource.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, expert in Excel with modeling and efficient spreadsheet usage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with corporate management and accounting.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working independently or leading others in an organized manner.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Café' services and Shop items
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at https://careers.equinox.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.