Senior General Manager
Deerfield Beach, FL
YouFit Health Clubs
Deerfield Beach, FL
- At least one to two years experience directly managing a team of at least ten employees
- Must live in the respective market that you directly oversee.
- Knowledge and training of a formal sales system (preferred)
- Experience in operations and sales management
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, and developing your own team
- Outside marketing and business to business sales experience
- Experience dealing directly with customers as well as vendors
- Four year degree (preferred)
- Experience managing and leading the business to higher profitability levels using P&L’s.
- Experience in the fitness industry (preferred)
- Physical effort required to carry out daily duties such as lifting supplies and gym equipment potentially in excess of 50lbs.
- Bilingual, Spanish and English preferred
- Ability to work towards achieving goals
- Ability to work with limited direction and supervision
- Must possess strong leadership skills,customer service skills and problem solving skills
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage using Profit & Loss statements
- Must operate every single day with integrity to lead your facility/team
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist and manage administrative responsibilities including but not limited to auditing club calendars, evaluations, payroll, promotions, terminations, daily deposits, daily recap, etc.
- Responsible for achieving all quarterly revenue and annual profitability goals.
- Create additional traffic and generate sales using current marketing promotions and/or guidelines for home location and oversee the General Managers in additional locations.
- Responsible for maintaining member retention and client services in the home location as well as assisting with the additional clubs.
- Manage and develop the personal training department including but not limited to sales, training & development and providing additional educational resources.
- Assist with creating and maintaining the team schedules according to YouFit standards, the needs of each club and budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for all member, team, and facility issues in the home location and assist with additional locations.
- Must assist with maintaining all records per local and federal legal requirements.
- Inform the team in all locations of any new policies and marketing promotions.
- Must ensure club cleanliness and maintenance meet company standards and record all club inspections appropriately for coaching purposes.
- Must assist in creating and maintaining an enjoyable environment for all employees, members, and guests.
- Responsible for speaking to members and gaining feedback to ensure quality service.
- Recognize, inspire, and foster the development of future managers.
- Your position is always “on call” and must respond to any urgent requests within a reasonable time. If you are not available, it is your responsibility to have a pre-approved back up contact.
- You will be required to have reliable transportation to and from work and additional locations as well as make bank deposits and periodically meet within your region for meetings.
- Key Performance Indicators will be reviewed and evaluated on both a monthly & quarterly basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this role.
While performing the duties of this role, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role with some bending, lifting (up to 50 pounds) and stooping required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
YouFit Health Clubs provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.