Senior Engagement Manager
WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, is seeking an Engagment Manger in Houston, Texas. The Engagemnet Manager will report directly to the Director of Hospitality. Additionally the Engagement Manager will work closely with client(s) & Property Manager. The Engagment Manager is responsible for the coordination and general oversight of amenities, programs and major marketing events within the community development district; to include, but not limited to: aquatics facilities, parks, water & nature programs, and major special events, as directed by the community management and/or developer. The Engagement Manager is responsible for coordinating with management for implementation of policy and procedure, and handling scheduling of facilities and groups.
- Ensures the "WTS Experience" for residents and guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS' Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS' Brand Standards.
- Create and execute monthly calendar of events, activations, and programs in collaboration with Director of Hospitality
- Plan & execute events to increase and maintain customer engagement from beginning to end, including but not limited to pre-planning, booking client, vendors, rentals, staffing, and food and beverage needs
- Provide support and assistance with third party vendors, including contract negotiations, preferred vendor list, and ideation
- Communicate both verbally and written with all level of associates and clients across each real estate company in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner
- Effectively listen to, understand, and clarify concerns raised by clients to then develop an intricate solution to resolve the concern quickly
- Work with property management teams and draft realistic budgets and deliver events in line with these, communicating all financial details to the accounts team in a timely manner and ensuring budgets are correctly reconciled post event
- Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
- Creating and sustaining productive client and vendor relationships, including negotiating contracts, developing preferred vendor relationships and coordinating insurance requirements for onsite work
- Establishing a portfolio of clients, including relationships with other spaces and planners
- Build strong relationships a wide range operations staff. You will work effectively with these team members to facilitate their delivery of the events onsite to the highest standard, ensuring site deadlines are met and teams are working in an efficient manner.
- Build a solid understanding of staffing requirements for events and effectively communicate these, as additional one-time staff may be required for certain events.
- Hands on approach to event management - lead by example, take on tasks above job responsibility and deliver events to the highest of standards.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all services, administration, and maintenance.
- Works alongside the marketing & development team.
- Updates announcements and/or mobile app with appropriate calendar of events and community newsletter as required by client.
- Promotes all programs, events and social clubs in the community through a variety of marketing channels to include, but not limited to, a community app & website, newsletter and calendar of events, flyers, posters, email blast, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Supervises and follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Ensures accurate facility maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Attends all management functions and meetings associated with client, including monthly board meetings, developer meetings and off-site presentations.
- Maintains cooperation and teamwork throughout the District, placing a high emphasis on resident service and satisfaction. Ensures communication to residents for program calendar and announcements.
- Identifies, evaluates, and resolves problems or concerns from management and/or residents in a timely manner, utilizing innovative ideas and sound judgment.
- Ensure compliance with any state and local licensing requirements, including concession stands, aquatic facilities and special event permits, as required by code.
- College degree or comparable work experience
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
- Excellent customer service skills
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Creative in marketing, promotion, and programming
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Able to show initiative and make decisions
- CPR/First-Aid Certified
- Ability to stand for long periods
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.