Miami Beach, FL
Miami Beach, FL
WTS International, the world's leading spa and fitness management firm, is seeking a Salon Manager for a luxury resort hotel in Miami Beach, FL. The Salon Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of the Hair Salon. This would include revenue generation and expense control, guest service and training and development of staff members. Additionally, this position will also be responsible for the marketing and sales of wedding packages for the salon.
- Ensures the "WTS International Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS' Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of WTS International.
- Run weekly financial and utilization reports and is able to analyze the results and make decisions based upon the information. Also is responsible for salon staff schedule and payroll.
- Maintains inventory of product and is aware of product needs and orders accordingly with Spa Director approval. Maintains a PAR stock based upon business needs.
- This position is the liaison between the hotel and the spa with regard to bridal business that is booked. This includes the development of a comprehensive sales plan for wedding groups, submitting a monthly sales report of wedding sales and pipeline, overseeing the billing of all wedding business, and overseeing all bridal parties to ensure five star guest experience.
- With guidance from the Spa Director, plan a schedule of event for the salon each quarter.
- With guidance from the Spa Director, markets salon service and provides professional expertise.
- Creates a positive work environment for staff. Provides feedback on performance to staff members and involved the Spa Director on disciplinary issues. Involved with the interviewing and selection of salon staff.
- Reports any incident or accident to the Spa Director.
- Understands and uses universal precautions and ensures staff is doing the same when providing services.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa. Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner. Coaches and trains staff to sell products for home use with a minimum service to sales ratio of 25%.
- Ensures staff can perform all treatments on services' menu based upon current certifications.
- Understands all aspects of hair cutting, coloring, chemical treatments, extensions, etc.
- Ensures all staff begins and end appointments on time.
- Ensures staff works their assigned schedule.
- Ensures that work areas and equipment are clean and sanitized and set according to procedures.
- Ensures salon staff participates in spa events as determined by the Spa Director
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of previous management experience in a salon preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required. A Bachelor's Degree in business or other related field preferred.
- Previous management experience in a spa preferred.
- Training or certification from hair styling or cosmetology school preferred
- High customer service standards.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation and closing sales.
- Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move light objects.
- This position required the ability to stoop, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
- This position will require the following physical requirements: fingering, grasping, seeing, and hearing.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: computer, calculator, copier and fax machine.
- The employee will be required to work around chemicals, fumes and odors.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.