Dartmouth Athletic Club is hiring!
Due to our recently successful implementation of the Pro Fitness Program ™ -www.profitnessprogram.com - we are in immediate need of a Fitness Consultant.
About the Fitness Consultant’s Position:
The Fitness Consultant is an integral member of the staff, as the position links the Membership Department and Personal Training Department together. Under this system, the Fitness Consultant is as much sales-oriented as fitness-oriented. Many Fitness Consultants have also worked as Personal Trainers at some point prior in their careers.
Role of the Fitness Consultant:
• To conduct 90-minute Fitness Consultations with members
• To recommend solutions to clients (based on consultation results) and sell personal training packages where necessary.
• To aid Personal Trainers in renewing personal training packages.
• To ensure all administrative duties are performed in a timely and accurate manner
• To ensure that the Personal Training Department delivers excellent customer service, exceeding the expectations of our members.
Qualifications & Attributes:
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working with members of all ages.
• Must possess strong sales and organizational skills as it is the basis of the entire position.
• Must have a background in fitness and preferably a personal training certification (or equivalent).
• Must be a team player as all departments must work in sync.
• Must be detail-oriented as the position requires a great deal of administrative work.
• Must possess basic understanding of computers and be able to learn the company software in a reasonable amount of time.
• Must be able to work some mornings, some evenings, and possibly one-weekend shift.
• We will teach the skills and the system, so we are seeking to attract individuals who are open to learning, deeply inspired, who share our core values, with strong communication skills and high levels of emotional intelligence
• The Fitness Consultant's position is predominately commission-based to incentivize performance, with a base wage as well. There are multiple ways for commissions to be earned which will be detailed to qualified applicants.
• We are trying to attract individuals that are confident and excited about a higher earning potential with a performance-based pay structure (as compared to lower earning potential with a "guaranteed pay" not based on performance), as this type of pay structure definitely rewards exceptional performance, and salespeople with that mindset generally thrive in this capacity.
If you are an individual who is passionate about fitness and passionate about sales then we want to speak with you!
Please forward your resume for immediate consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
The Dartmouth Athletic Club is located at 125 North Dartmouth Mall, Dartmouth, MA
- Minimum 2 years experience in the Fitness Industry is strongly preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $26.00 per hour