1. Job Summary:
The Restaurant Services Director is responsible for the operation of the restaurant and ensures that high quality and nutritional food is provided to participants and guests. The incumbent provides an environment which supports the vision of growing and building relationships in a healthy setting. The incumbent manages the kitchen operation within the established budget and maintains the highest standards of health and sanitation possible. The incumbent supervises kitchen staff, the ordering and preparation of food, and menu planning.
2. Essential Functions:
- Supervise and lead the Food and Beverage department staff.
- Build positive relationships and provide exceptional customer service by connecting with members and guests in the restaurant.
- Support programming when restaurant and event planning is required.
- Collaborate and support management on menu planning and strategic programs involving food and nutrition.
- Work closely with the Chef to ensure quality offerings while maintaining the budget.
- Oversee and work closely with the Events tam to offer quality food and beverage selection meeting guests expectations.
- Assure profitability by maintaining food, beverage and labor costs standards.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to support events and activities; and communicate appropriate information to the restaurant team for planning an execution.
- Maintain all legal compliance required by the FDA.
This position reports to the General Manager. The incumbent supervises kitchen staff and regularly interacts with participants, the general public, staff, and volunteers.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in food service preparation and delivery
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience managing a commercial kitchen to include supervision or work direction to kitchen staff
- Demonstrated experience providing high quality, tasty menu planning while implementing HEPA standards
- Food Safe Certification by the county Public Health Department or the ability to obtain the certification.
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability and desire to work with diverse groups
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operation
- Post-secondary education in nutrition
5. Work Conditions:
- Ability to lift, carry and push food carts up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
6. Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is responsible for taking direction from the General Manager or their representatives in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for success.