Regional Group Fitness Manager
New York, NY
New York, NY
LifeStart and WTS International, one of the world's leading spa and fitness management firms, is seeking a Regional Group Fitness Manager based out of New York City. The Regional Group Fitness Manager will work closely with the Senior Engagement Director and to oversee all group fitness programming at our LifeStart managed sites in the NYC metro area. This role will also work closely with our National Fitness Director to develop and implement fitness curriculum using Lifestart/WTS standards at current and new sites. This position is responsible for development of a team of group fitness instructors and includes identifying and recruiting top talent in local markets. The Regional Group Fitness Manager will be responsible for program and instructor schedule oversite, increasing fitness program awareness and participation and overall success of our onsite fitness program.
WTS International and LifeStart merged in November 2020 to create one of the most comprehensive management companies operating at the confluence of hospitality, technology, and health and wellness. Its vast portfolio includes hotel and resort spa, country club, corporate and commercial fitness, residential, and virtual spaces. Together, the combined organization provides transformative holistic mind and body spa services, unparalleled community engagement experiences, industry-leading experts in physical, mental and emotional well-being, and unrivaled customer service, all with the goal to empower people to build a better lifestyle and to live life well.
- Support in the screening and onboarding of new group exercise instructors.
- Lead and manage a team of group fitness instructors to maintain team culture and support.
- Support multiple sites in maintaining class communication and instructor accountability
- Lead a minimum of 5 classes per week at various properties throughout the city
- Design the schedule of group fitness classes and tailor programming to fit per property needs
- Create and manage group exercise implementation guides for new and current Lifestart/WTS sites
- Partner with events team to plan and execute periodic wellness & fitness events
- Participates on the monthly national fitness calls
- Conducts audits on Lifestart/WTS fitness sites to our standards of excellence as requested by Directors and clients
- Seeks out new group fitness preferred vendor relationships
- Identify top fitness trends and adapt them to Lifestart/WTS group exercise programming
The Regional Group Fitness Manager position adds value to Lifestart/WTS fitness sites by ensuring consistent, quality, and engaging programming across our client portfolio. This position develops staff, identifies top performers, and ensures group ex programming is as highly attended as possible at each available site.
The Regional Group Fitness Manager reports directly to the Senior Engagement Director and National Fitness Director and will work directly with instructors at each property. They collaborate with other fitness directors and managers and national fitness positions to implement and oversee programs and instructors.
The position's time commitments will vary based on new acquisitions and current site obligations.
Occasional travel is required
• Must be a certified instructor through an approved nationally accredited organization
• Valid CPR Certification
• Valid Standard First Aid Certification
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to work positively with different populations, in groups and individually
• Must be well-organized and prepared to teach classes
• Must be in excellent physical condition to teach group exercise
• Must be able to think independently and develop routines for teaching specific exercise classes
• Must be able to keep confidences and practice discernment
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Good verbal skills
• This position required the ability to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift
• This position will require the following physical requirements: repetitive motions, seeing, hearing and talking
• The employee will be required to operate the following tools: yoga mats, weights
• This position may require exposure to noise and mechanical hazards
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.